• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Where should I be putting my money?

Y’all are not seeing the forest through the trees. Inflation is the result of government overspending and printing money to pay for it. Printing money is baby steps toward hyperinflation.

When the Weimar Republic started their little game of printing money, the exchange rate was 1 US Dollar to 4.5 Marks. By the time they issued the new currency to replace the old, the exchange rate had fallen to a trillion Marks to buy 1 US Dollar.

So using the perspective of history. Where do you want to have your money when it starts to evaporate? Invested @ 5% when the inflation is closer to 15%?

Smart money has it invested in something that is going to retain value as the US Dollar shrinks closer to zero. A freind bought a house 2 years ago and is happy that it’s worth 25% more than when he bought it. The reality is our currency is only worth 75% of what it used to be when he bought it the house.

I like global stocks simply because they own a piece of something not valued in US Dollars which are evaporating. As mentioned, gold, silver, guns, diamonds, and real estate, hold their value.

I’ve said this before. When the NFA was enacted in 1934, the tax stamp was $200, and gold was @ $30 an ounce. You had to come up with 6 1/2 ounces of gold to buy a tax stamp. Today spot gold is $2,342.20, just because they are printing money.

Like it or not we are sliding down the path toward hyperinflation. Their answer is to print more money, and tell us than inflation is not as bad anymore. The real answer is it is cumulative, and you’d better have a plan.

Y’all are not seeing the forest through the trees. Inflation is the result of government overspending and printing money to pay for it. Printing money is baby steps toward hyperinflation.

When the Weimar Republic started their little game of printing money, the exchange rate was 1 US Dollar to 4.5 Marks. By the time they issued the new currency to replace the old, the exchange rate had fallen to a trillion Marks to buy 1 US Dollar.

So using the perspective of history. Where do you want to have your money when it starts to evaporate? Invested @ 5% when the inflation is closer to 15%?

Smart money has it invested in something that is going to retain value as the US Dollar shrinks closer to zero. A freind bought a house 2 years ago and is happy that it’s worth 25% more than when he bought it. The reality is our currency is only worth 75% of what it used to be when he bought it the house.

I like global stocks simply because they own a piece of something not valued in US Dollars which are evaporating. As mentioned, gold, silver, guns, diamonds, and real estate, hold their value.

I’ve said this before. When the NFA was enacted in 1934, the tax stamp was $200, and gold was @ $30 an ounce. You had to come up with 6 1/2 ounces of gold to buy a tax stamp. Today spot gold is $2,342.20, just because they are printing money.

Like it or not we are sliding down the path toward hyperinflation. Their answer is to print more money, and tell us than inflation is not as bad anymore. The real answer is it is cumulative, and you’d better have a plan.
We are a long way from the hyperinflation of the Weimer Republic. Just saying.

We are sliding down the path, and it’s starting to go faster. The value of the dollar isn’t going to reverse course. If you were in the Weimar Republic and it took 4.5 marks to buy 1 US Dollar and you knew the government was printing money. What are you going to do? History has this very same story repeating itself several times, each time with the very same outcome.

Those who refuse to learn from history are doomed to repeat it. Are you smart enough to figure it out?

I have to agree. I recently assembled an SKS with a barreled receiver and a parts lot from GunBroker. Got about $300.00 in it. It's probably worth about $450.00. Also been buying 9mm in 150 and 200 round boxes. Those prices most likely won't go down.
I have around 82 oz of silver that are worth around $2200 and change right now. I really dig stacking silver mostly because it's nice to look at. But my guns and ammo have went up more in value than the silver. But it's cool since I dig looking at all that stuff too.
Your guns and ammo have gone up only in price, not value. In use, ammo is a wasting asset

You nailed it except for one thing: Physical gold and silver have no counter-party risk unlike real estate and banking related assets. Valuing most anything in USD fiat is like measuring length with a rubber yardstick.

I think you are grossly mistaken

henry ford.jpg

Back
Top Bottom