• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Where should I be putting my money?

so...you could access your safe deposit box while access to the bank was limited to the automated tellers???...not my bank...
I'm not doom and gloom here....I see nothing wrong with having some negotiable currency at your finger tips??
I'm dumfounded by folks that think things can't go wrong, and you will always have access to all your stocks. bonds, CD's or whatever, when someone turns off the switch....we were talking about "a little extra" like the OP mentioned... why does owning a little gold and silver appear to revolt folks....I have friends that say the same thing, and do not understand why I would want to have a little something at my finger tips...I recently bought gold at less that 2k...now it's $2,350....I think that's a bit of an increase...BTW...while these may "hold value" inflation eats at the dollar...."a few left over dollars" to invest is not throwing your IRA. 401's or....stock away...it's just a "few extra" dollars...located in a different spot....your home, or where ever you decide to store them...hopefully not a bank....gold and silver, and other commodities can go down, as can the stock market, 401's...government bonds....at 34+ trillion in debt, do you feel really safe with government bonds??? I don't, I sold mine!!
In at least one of his videos Robert Kyosaki ( Rich Dad Poor Dad author) holds up a one oz silver coin and said " Nearly everyone can afford to buy this. But very few actually will." And it makes perfect sense. If silver hovers around $20.00 like it has for a long time then why not by at least one oz a week? If I put the same $20.00 in my sock drawer or my coffee can full of change it will somehow disappear. But my two cigar boxes of silver stay around for the long haul. And right now each oz is worth more than that same $20.00 bill. Silver helps ME with my savings discipline if that makes any sense.

I have to agree. I recently assembled an SKS with a barreled receiver and a parts lot from GunBroker. Got about $300.00 in it. It's probably worth about $450.00. Also been buying 9mm in 150 and 200 round boxes. Those prices most likely won't go down.
I have around 82 oz of silver that are worth around $2200 and change right now. I really dig stacking silver mostly because it's nice to look at. But my guns and ammo have went up more in value than the silver. But it's cool since I dig looking at all that stuff too.
We got pretty lucky….my brother and I.
Our father left us set up pretty good as far as firearm related stuff goes. I have enough molds, lead, presses, dies, primers, etc., etc., to last a lifetime.
The only stuff I usually spend on is .22lr….12ga shotgun shells…stuff like that . I don’t reload anything along those lines. But I try to keep an eye out for a deal and buy bulk if I can.
Primers and powder are gonna start to be somewhat a problem ….. I am thinking they are going to start limiting them.

They will do whatever they can to try to control access to firearms. Including ammo.

In at least one of his videos Robert Kyosaki ( Rich Dad Poor Dad author) holds up a one oz silver coin and said " Nearly everyone can afford to buy this. But very few actually will." And it makes perfect sense. If silver hovers around $20.00 like it has for a long time then why not by at least one oz a week? If I put the same $20.00 in my sock drawer or my coffee can full of change it will somehow disappear. But my two cigar boxes of silver stay around for the long haul. And right now each oz is worth more than that same $20.00 bill. Silver helps ME with my savings discipline if that makes any sense.
silver has long been good money. However, today it has a variety of industrial uses any of which can effect the price. Both the silver and gold markets are highly regulated (meaning corrupt) and it is banking-military-industrial influence that sets the spot price. The CTC allows gold and silver futures to be sold for commodities that do not exist....banks and hedge funds are buying it up by the ton at below spot. I say buy it anyway

I think it's makes plenty of since!!
Since we are only talking about the spare money....we are not talking about one's entire investment portfolio...AND should be no reason the try to put it where you can SQUEEZE every little bit of interest out of it....I'm just not all that into the stock/bond/investment game...I'm in it...BUT I don't have to like it...I was also in it on black monday...

Silver spot price pushing $28.00/oz today.
Sold a little scrap gold last week, got $1000.
Still working on accumulating a complete set of AU+ Peace dollars.

Back
Top Bottom