• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Where should I be putting my money?

If you have "extra" and are basically fully invested, then I'd have to say physical gold and silver...and don't "dabble" it's unattractive....go all in.....what ever you have.....make that at least 10% in physical....if you gotta run...you gotta run....remember trying to get into a bank during COVID???
CASH works good too.....
I'm under the impression these hold value rather than increase in value. I buy over spot and sell under spot that just doesn't compute for me. Of course cash isn't doing that just being stored
I don't remember a point during covid where there was no access to my money in the bank. I'm sure I boosted my cash on hand just in case .

Precious metals: Stainless steel, blue steel, cobalt, brass, lead, copper…..
Gun powder - presses - primers …… :becky: :dance:
I have to agree. I recently assembled an SKS with a barreled receiver and a parts lot from GunBroker. Got about $300.00 in it. It's probably worth about $450.00. Also been buying 9mm in 150 and 200 round boxes. Those prices most likely won't go down.
I have around 82 oz of silver that are worth around $2200 and change right now. I really dig stacking silver mostly because it's nice to look at. But my guns and ammo have went up more in value than the silver. But it's cool since I dig looking at all that stuff too.

I'm under the impression these hold value rather than increase in value. I buy over spot and sell under spot that just doesn't compute for me. Of course cash isn't doing that just being stored
I don't remember a point during covid where there was no access to my money in the bank. I'm sure I boosted my cash on hand just in case .
so...you could access your safe deposit box while access to the bank was limited to the automated tellers???...not my bank...
I'm not doom and gloom here....I see nothing wrong with having some negotiable currency at your finger tips??
I'm dumfounded by folks that think things can't go wrong, and you will always have access to all your stocks. bonds, CD's or whatever, when someone turns off the switch....we were talking about "a little extra" like the OP mentioned... why does owning a little gold and silver appear to revolt folks....I have friends that say the same thing, and do not understand why I would want to have a little something at my finger tips...I recently bought gold at less that 2k...now it's $2,350....I think that's a bit of an increase...BTW...while these may "hold value" inflation eats at the dollar...."a few left over dollars" to invest is not throwing your IRA. 401's or....stock away...it's just a "few extra" dollars...located in a different spot....your home, or where ever you decide to store them...hopefully not a bank....gold and silver, and other commodities can go down, as can the stock market, 401's...government bonds....at 34+ trillion in debt, do you feel really safe with government bonds??? I don't, I sold mine!!

Back
Top Bottom