• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How we think about money

Exactly right for most stuff you buy like furniture and lawnmowers but I've taken advantage of credit cards with 0 interest for 18 months. It's truly a free way to borrow money if you're responsible.
Yep….done that a few times myself. Usually pay it off within a few months at the most though. I’m always scared I won’t be able to if I don’t , lol. So I pay it when I have it or when I can.

Some good stuff here, I don't give a **** about cars, I m a horrible driver, didn't start driving until the military forced me to get a drivers license because, I was putting on SSgt, but I do agree that you need a car for almost everything, I just put $1800, yesterday on my 2012 Nissan Rouge that has almost 100,000 miles, because I refuse to pay $38k for a used car, plus I need a car for my ODT buys and trades, I will buy 1 New car in my life, a 4-Door Porsche that I promised my wife when we first got married she says she wants it when she turns 60yrs old.

A lot of times if you don’t pay it off they will go back to purchase date and charge interest. It’s usually set up that way and that is what they want to happen.

yep, you have to be disciplined, I've always been abled to do it thank goodness. Heck, just took a 0% interest for 15months with WF to buy some new truck tires, plus WF gave me 200 bucks back on it for first purchase over 500 bucks. So that 1500 dollar set of tires, cost 1300, with no interest. Can't beat it. Yeah, I could have paid cash for them, but I'm using someone elses money for free and they said here's 200 bucks. I'll cut it up when I'm done....but in my experience, if you dont use it for a few months, they'll usually hit you up with another no interest promotion.

I'm not rich, but I feel like I've done pretty ok for myself because I live frugal as ****. Fancy things don't interest me. And I've never financed anything that was going to depreciate in value.

Like right now I need a zero turn lawnmower, I got friends and family telling me to just finance one and all about how they financed one at 0 interest.

But I'll do what I always do and wait till someone who needs cash sells me their 5 year old lawnmower for a fraction of what they paid for it. Happens every time.
You right. There is no such thing as zero percent interest. Especially in an economy with run away inflation.

Save and pay cash for stuff, AFTER you pay yourself (save) about 20 - 30% of after tax income.

People just need to take a hard look at how they define success. I set a goal AND STUCK TO IT, to not have a mortgage by age 50. As cool as it would be to have a new nice ride, the same ride I've been driving for 22 years with no mortgage is MUCH cooler.
And oh yeah, take care of your stuff!

I did the same thing but my goal was 45. I have worked the night shift and weekends for the extra pay and have pretty much brown bagged my lunch for most of it. I worked overtime when available. I max out my 401k with every paycheck. I'm 51 now and am debt free.

I always looked at things as WANTS and NEEDS. Stay the course and you will succeed

Back
Top Bottom