http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/11/28/ga-man-kills-wandering-alzheimer-patient-who-kno

but in hindsight, staying inside and letting the cops handle it sure would have been cheaper.

and then they would have shot him and we would have had another LEO bashing thread....

sucks all around, I would have stayed inside...just can't see the logic of seeking him out (with the info at hand, anyway).

Last edited:
It's a terrible thing.

#1, I would not have gone outside, who knows if the old guy is a destraction to lure you out to be grabbed by 3 young guys hiding in the shadows ?

#2, I NEVER answer the door without a gun in hand, held where the visitor can't see it. And while I open the door, my wife is in the other room with a gun.

#3, My wife never opens the door for anyone she doesn't know.

This event could have been avoided in many different ways. But instead it's now a learning tool for the rest of us.

and then they would have shot him and we would have had another LEO bashing thread....

And probably rightfully so if they shot an unarmed 72 year old man. Although I really don't think that they would have shot him, do you happen to have some inside information saying that they would have?

Lets see. He knocked on my door in the very early hours. I went outside. He didn't follow my verbal commands so I shot him. WOW. I love the castle doctrine but to many people feel it's a kill someone for free card. This was not a case of self defense

But he got to shoot someone. Isn't that why we have guns? :rolleyes:

And he probably saved us some tax money. I mean he was no longer a productive member of society. Probably on welfare.

sounds like the idiot went into the backyard at night and executed an old wandering confused guy?

maybe more to this but if the woman already called the cops and they were on their way, why did the homeowner leave the safety of his domicile to confront a potentially dangerous threat?

And probably rightfully so if they shot an unarmed 72 year old man. Although I really don't think that they would have shot him, do you happen to have some inside information saying that they would have?

Dude I was being facetious...(guess I should have added a thingy after that)

Back
Top Bottom