http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/11/28/ga-man-kills-wandering-alzheimer-patient-who-kno

If the guy really "feared for his life" he would have stayed inside the house until the law arrived. The shooting could have been avoided. The "stand your ground" law should be modified and not apply in this case. The guy went looking for trouble when he did not need to. The 911 operator should be trained to order the caller to "stay on your ground" and wait until police/sheriff arrives.

If the guy really "feared for his life" he would have stayed inside the house until the law arrived. The shooting could have been avoided. The "stand your ground" law should be modified and not apply in this case. The guy went looking for trouble when he did not need to. The 911 operator should be trained to order the caller to "stay on your ground" and wait until police/sheriff arrives.
I may not have a full understanding of it but IMO it should not be modified AND it should not apply in this case. I find it hard to believe in that scenario the man feared for his life or took reasonably responsible action, but that's for the DA and grand jury to decide.
I assume the shooter and the victim were both of the same race (since neither side is screaming).

I may not have a full understanding of it but IMO it should not be modified AND it should not apply in this case. I find it hard to believe in that scenario the man feared for his life or took reasonably responsible action, but that's for the DA and grand jury to decide.
I assume the shooter and the victim were both of the same race (since neither side is screaming).

You're right. SYG should not apply here. The shooter DID NOT stand his ground. It seems he went to the old man with the intent to confront him when it was unnecessary. This is not the same as the Martin shooting because Zimmerman had no intent to confront. Also, fearing for your life IS NOT justification for the use of deadly force. There MUST BE go reason for that fear. Emotion (which is what fear is) never justifies killing someone. Logical reasoning is the only thing that may justify the use of deadly force.

But he got to shoot someone. Isn't that why we have guns? :rolleyes:

And he probably saved us some tax money. I mean he was no longer a productive member of society. Probably on welfare.

Although that's the only reason I own guns, it's offensive for you to make generalizations.

You're right. SYG should not apply here. The shooter DID NOT stand his ground. It seems he went to the old man with the intent to confront him when it was unnecessary. This is not the same as the Martin shooting because Zimmerman had no intent to confront. Also, fearing for your life IS NOT justification for the use of deadly force. There MUST BE go reason for that fear. Emotion (which is what fear is) never justifies killing someone. Logical reasoning is the only thing that may justify the use of deadly force.

We really need a "like" button.

Who the **** goes out into the dark to investigate something without a flash light?

He shoulda let the poor guy in and given him a blanket, not lead. ****ing dumb ass.

thats sad

you have to watch Alzheimer/dementia patients as they do not know how to stay safe themselves many times. with my grandmother we had to reverse door locks to keep her inside the house at night, it is difficult but can be done.

you do not investigate a strange noise or a knocking late sat night by going outside, you wait inside and if they break in then you can defend yourself

Back
Top Bottom