• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Hunting rules changes coming....

GeauxLSU

Default rank 5000+ posts
Corn Pop
Staff member
Super Moderator
63   0
Reaction score
Where the stars at night are big and bright.
Wow... they are trying to reduce number of hunting days also....
The current law reads that the deer limit 'shall be 12' instead of 'shall be up to 12'. So instead of changing the law, which would be easy enough and garner huge support, they reduce the days afield. I hunt Banks County. It's going all the way down to 18 days. Saddest thing is I'm very confident the vast majority of locals don't even realize there is such a thing as 'doe days' and simply shoot whatever they want (hopefully within the limit) any day the season is open.

The answer to the low deer population is not changing the laws, its about giving the DNR the FUNDING to enforce the laws we have now!!

The answer to the low deer population is not changing the laws, its about giving the DNR the FUNDING to enforce the laws we have now!!
The fawn recruitment is down supposedly 26% statewide. Law enforcement isn't going to help that unfortunately. There was no population 'problem' prior to going to the absurd 12 deer limit.
I concur that way too many people don't obey the laws and I have pretty high disgust for those types but there are some legislation changes that would help. Lower the limit and encourage coyote hunting would be the two easiest and cost zero dollars.

Last edited:
The fawn recruitment is down supposedly 26% statewide. Law enforcement isn't going to help that unfortunately. There was no population 'problem' prior to going to the absurd 12 deer limit.
I concur that way too many people don't obey the laws and I have pretty high disgust for those types but there are some legislation changes that would help. Lower the limit and encourage coyote hunting would be the two easiest and cost zero dollars.

I also would like to see lower limits, but the chances of that are slim. I DO however strongly wish they would encourage yote hunting. Got one running around my subdivision that is living on borrowed time.

Back
Top Bottom