• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Hunting rules changes coming....

I also would like to see lower limits, but the chances of that are slim. I DO however strongly wish they would encourage yote hunting. Got one running around my subdivision that is living on borrowed time.
Not really. It's a very simple legislative change and would allow the actual biologists, instead of legislatures, to set the limit "up to" 12.
They need to eliminate ALL the absurd restrictions on coyote hunting on public lands. Private land it's any weapon 24/7/365. As it should be.
Got film again of a black one and his/her running buddy in my backyard 2 nights ago.
If they really want to get serious, no deer tag without handing in a coyote tail. :) That'll never happen though and it would be too expensive to administer.

Doesn't make too much sense (Deer season). I would rather see a bag limit reduction and not a reduction in the amount of available hunting time.
I think this will just put a higher number of hunters in a given area at any given time.

This may not have anything to do with population either. It very well could be brought to this by non hunters that want more use of the premises without hunters in the area.

They can reduce the number of days and bag limits all they want but until guys start hunting predators the way they hunt deer, it ain't gonna help the deer population. Our fawn survival rate is pathetic with the coyote population the way it is.

It is very very VERY difficult to materially reduce, long term, the population of coyotes by traditional hunting methods. They adjust their reproduction rate based on local populations (unfortunately). Trapping is the most successful by far and has been shown to demonstrably increase the fawn recruitment rate. Unfortunately they are here, have spread to every county in the state in a VERY short time, and we aren't getting rid of them. It would be nice if it was as easy as possible via regulation to do everything possible to keep them at bay.

There was no population 'problem' prior to going to the absurd 12 deer limit.

dont want to kill 12 deer? easy solution..... DONT! no-one is making you kill any more deer than you want to.

let em lower the limits, it doesnt matter. i hunt, and my son hunts. my wife has been wanting to go too, guess ill buy her a rifle too this year. with the 3 of us, we can still get enough meat to hold us till summer. go to an 8 deer limit, i dont care. ill still tag out by the end of of bow season, then ill be the knife guy for my wife and son the rest of the season.

Back
Top Bottom