• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I am Scared ... All The New Gun Owners!

Just keep repeating, there are only 4 rules.
This is not the NRA position on gun safety. The NRA rule set is good but the 4 rules seem to make people think about the muzzle and trigger in more detail.
There are three fundamental rules that cover everything but then 9 additional rules that are not directly related to safety but are good ideas.

What term should I use. Violence involving the use of a gun. and no I will not argue semantics.
How about just violence? Why implicate the firearm? It's a tactic the left uses to demonize the firearm, don't repeat it. Why is an adjective necessary? Do you specify whiskey violence when talking about domestic assault fueled by Jack Daniels? Fist violence when talking about a mugging?

What would be your recommendation to a parent giving a son or a daughter a gun and a box of ammo?
I would train them (like I have) because I am their parent and it is MY responsibility. I don't want or need the government to be MY parent. YMMV.

Republican's aren't defenders of the 2nd amendment. Do you know what Marco Rubio is up to right now? Politicians can impose whatever legislation they want they don't care what side of the house you stand on. Clearly you forgot that the American people are the defenders of the constitution and the 2nd Amendment doesn't mean "Stop the Democrats" it's to remove a Tyrant. If the time comes when an Elected Official overthrows due process and decides to line people up to put them in rail cars. You best believe that the American population's political interests will go right out the window, and you can decide if you want to get on that train car or not.
I guess it's a good thing I didn't say anything about Republicans then. And I didn't vote for Marco Rubio. If you voted for Biden (or Obama) I'm not 'glad' you are a gun owner. Your ownership of an inanimate object does NOTHING to secure or protect my rights. Your ACTIONS do. By repeatedly voting for platforms like this https://joebiden.com/gunsafety/ not only are you not an ally/friend, you are a disgusting enemy. Full stop. I'll be more cordial than you deserve, but there is no way in Hades I'll 'celebrate' your gun ownership or help you enjoy your rights that you are simultaneously voting to have taken away along with mine.

Indeed. Whining about new laws for mandated training, subjective proficiency, storage and handling requirements are ALL an affront to the Constitution's affirmation of our own individual, inalienable right to bear arms. Being scared and whining are just the means to a path where those affirmed rights are to be taken in the end.

Indeed. Whining about new laws for mandated training, subjective proficiency, storage and handling requirements are ALL an affront to the Constitution's affirmation of our own individual, inalienable right to bear arms. Being scared and whining are just the means to a path where those affirmed rights are to be taken in the end.

^^^^Well said!!!!^^^^

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess it's a good thing I didn't say anything about Republicans then. And I didn't vote for Marco Rubio. If you voted for Biden (or Obama) I'm not 'glad' you are a gun owner. Your ownership of an inanimate object does NOTHING to secure or protect my rights. Your ACTIONS do. By repeatedly voting for platforms like this https://joebiden.com/gunsafety/ not only are you not an ally/friend, you are a disgusting enemy. Full stop. I'll be more cordial than you deserve, but there is no way in Hades I'll 'celebrate' your gun ownership or help you enjoy your rights that you are simultaneously voting to have taken away along with mine.
I guess it's useless then to try an educate the misinformed. So they can understand they voted against a right they themselves are practicing and could potentially lose that right or have it restricted in someway. Like I said...people on either side are entirely clueless on the subject. I know quite a few conservatives that think I shouldn't be able to own an AR15. The reason the 2A is in the position it is in is because we make it political. Its universal...at the end of the day it should be the Right of every human on earth, regardless of political belief. People that think you shouldn't own a gun are misinformed and they are scared of guns because they don't understand. Politicians that want to take away your guns want to take your power away. You're politically gate keeping the 2nd Amendment.

I'm going to let you win though. no need to respond as we're not going to meet level ground. My anti-political, Pro-Human Rights attitude isn't welcome and its useless to educate the misinformed. New Gun owners(potentially liberal) could never ever change their mind or be educated. Shame on them for not having the privilege of having the same parents who taught me the values of the 2nd amendment and the constitution. It sure is a shame that more people aren't informed and could make the culture of the 2nd amendment better...What ever shall we do...I guess I'll just sit back and continue to be silent and let the Libs think gun rights are bad! (BLESS THEIR STUPID HEARTS)

Back
Top Bottom