• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I am Scared ... All The New Gun Owners!

Normalizing guns and changing culture is what secures your RIGHTS not some stupid ink on paper...dont @ me. just move this thread to the boiler room at this point. So far we've got 15 pages scribbles

I guess it's useless then to try an educate the misinformed. So they can understand they voted against a right they themselves are practicing and could potentially lose that right or have it restricted in someway. Like I said...people on either side are entirely clueless on the subject. I know quite a few conservatives that think I shouldn't be able to own an AR15. The reason the 2A is in the position it is in is because we make it political. Its universal...at the end of the day it should be the Right of every human on earth, regardless of political belief. People that think you shouldn't own a gun are misinformed and they are scared of guns because they don't understand. Politicians that want to take away your guns want to take your power away. You're politically gate keeping the 2nd Amendment.

I'm going to let you win though. no need to respond as we're not going to meet level ground. My anti-political, Pro-Human Rights attitude isn't welcome and its useless to educate the misinformed. New Gun owners(potentially liberal) could never ever change their mind or be educated. Shame on them for not having the privilege of having the same parents who taught me the values of the 2nd amendment and the constitution. It sure is a shame that more people aren't informed and could make the culture of the 2nd amendment better...What ever shall we do...I guess I'll just sit back and continue to be silent and let the Libs think gun rights are bad! (BLESS THEIR STUPID HEARTS)
Do whatever you'd like. I'm just telling you not only is it futile, it's counter productive. You are conflating getting more gun owners with getting more 2A defenders. Again, the two have NOTHING to do with each other as you've rightly pointed out with your Conservative/AR15 example.
I've been through it countless times. The 'best' you'll get out of a liberal gun owner is they no longer admit they are liberal. They'll declare they are "more libertarian" ..... while they continue to vote for Democrats.
Now I'm talking about adults with some life experience under their belts. If you are talking about trying to talk sense into the head of a 21 year old, I wish you the best and even applaud your efforts. There is some hope for that segment.

Imagine a world where the 'ninny concern' over the 2nd amendment gun rights also included the inordinate concern for the 1st amendment. To wit, anti-2A proponents say "it never considered the advancement of weapons today - it was only meant for muskets." In THAT case, I say the same about the PRESS and the 1st Amendment. At the time of our Constitution's instantiation, the PRESS were relegated to 'mom and pop citizen journalists' operating Franklin presses and typesetting set ups. In their vein of argument then I say that the PRESS should be LIMITED similarly and not at the whim of massive computer proliferation of tripe on several fronts (print, social media, massive distribution networks, etc.)

Imagine a world where the 'ninny concern' over the 2nd amendment gun rights also included the inordinate concern for the 1st amendment. To wit, anti-2A proponents say "it never considered the advancement of weapons today - it was only meant for muskets." In THAT case, I say the same about the PRESS and the 1st Amendment. At the time of our Constitution's instantiation, the PRESS were relegated to 'mom and pop citizen journalists' operating Franklin presses and typesetting set ups. In their vein of argument then I say that the PRESS should be LIMITED similarly and not at the whim of massive computer proliferation of tripe on several fronts (print, social media, massive distribution networks, etc.)
Which is why I say owning a gun makes you a defender of the 2A the same way owning a pen makes you a defender of the 1A.
(For those of you in Rio Lindo, that means it doesn't.)

Do whatever you'd like. I'm just telling you not only is it futile, it's counter productive. You are conflating getting more gun owners with getting more 2A defenders. Again, the two have NOTHING to do with each other as you've rightly pointed out with your Conservative/AR15 example.
I've been through it countless times. The 'best' you'll get out of a liberal gun owner is they no longer admit they are liberal. They'll declare they are "more libertarian" ..... while they continue to vote for Democrats.
Now I'm talking about adults with some life experience under their belts. If you are talking about trying to talk sense into the head of a 21 year old, I wish you the best and even applaud your efforts. There is some hope for that segment.
Step one of being a 2A Defender

1. Buy a Gun.

Step one of being a 2A Defender

1. Buy a Gun.
Absolutely NOT.
One of the biggest defenders I know does not own nor has he ever owned a gun.
Some of the most milquetoast statists I know own guns.
It's like you think gun ownership is a magic elixir that will impart a spirit of liberty. :confused:

Step Two of being a 2A Defender

2. Get education on your firearm and how to use it and understand why it is your right to own it.

One's 'right' isn't predicated on 'use and understanding.' Use and understanding requirements (while a prudent adult would do) are just the first step in a long line of requirements to confiscation, period. The 'right' is there and needs not to be abridged or conditioned. No way.

One's 'right' isn't predicated on 'use and understanding.' Use and understanding requirements (while a prudent adult would do) are just the first step in a long line of requirements to confiscation, period. The 'right' is there and needs not to be abridged or conditioned. No way.
I never said there should be "REQUIREMENTS" meaning mandated to get training or educations???? Should you buy a gun an throw it in the closet and be done with it or should you learn how to use it on your own accord...Its called being responsible.

Do you know how the 2nd amendment even started? Lexington and Concord ring a bell? maybe you need to open a history book. The British came to take lawfully owned firearms, and we're met but colonial muskets and men that owned them never thought they would have to use them against their own government. How can you defend liberty unarmed?

I never said there should be "REQUIREMENTS" meaning mandated to get training or educations???? Should you buy a gun an throw it in the closet and be done with it or should you learn how to use it on your own accord...Its called being responsible.

Technically, precisely? Maybe not, but the INTENT of it all was there. Look at the responses

Back
Top Bottom