• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I am Scared ... All The New Gun Owners!

Absolutely NOT.
One of the biggest defenders I know does not own nor has he ever owned a gun.
Some of the most milquetoast statists I know own guns.
It's like you think gun ownership is a magic elixir that will impart a spirit of liberty. :confused:
I'm sure muskets had zero impact on spirit of Liberty of the colonials at Lexington and Concord...you know, when the British came to seize legally owned firearms. Maybe there is something wrong with my history book, but maybe you can barrow it and have a look to make sure.

I'm sure muskets had zero impact on spirit of Liberty of the colonials at Lexington and Concord...you know, when the British came to seize legally owned firearms. Maybe there is something wrong with my history book, but maybe you can barrow it and have a look to make sure.

I don't need to "barrow" a history book, friend. I know what the 2A says and I know what the 1A says and an argument against the 2A stands for the same thing with the 1A.

"Arms" were everything, including swords, warships and artillery pieces.

The colonies borrowed warships from individuals to arm the fledgling Navy.

dude im not even talking to you...?

Okay, but Lexington and Concord preceded our Constitution by two versions - the Articles of Confederation and the subsequent Constitution and Bill of Rights contained within in 1789 IIRC. The end result is a document that affirms an inalienable, God-given right to bear and keep arms. There's no question about it. NO abridgements, conditions or otherwise.

Okay, but Lexington and Concord preceded our Constitution by two versions - the Articles of Confederation and the subsequent Constitution and Bill of Rights contained within in 1789 IIRC. The end result is a document that affirms an inalienable, God-given right to bear and keep arms. There's no question about it. NO abridgements, conditions or otherwise.
I am totally with you 100% what is your argument with me exactly? All I said to GeauxLSU GeauxLSU was being a 2A defender you "should" know what youre defending...That is the context I was trying to convey. Owning a gun doesnt make you a 2A defender he is correct about that, but it "Can". Key words here. you guys aren't reading and understanding fully. I never said absolutely you need training to own a gun, or never said owning a gun give you "spirit of liberty" or a defender of freedom. Can it? absolutely. I am against any gun law ever written besides the one written into the Bill of Rights. Every law is an infringement. This is not what im arguing about at all. This is totally off the topic with the conversation im having with GeauxLSU GeauxLSU

I'm thinking about buying a Gun someday, can I get a nice one under a Hundred Dollars? Is there a class that I can take so by the end of the day I can light a match at a hundred yards with both eyes closed like they do on TV? Plus can you get a quiet one as they are loud and scare me sometimes:shocked:

I am totally with you 100% what is your argument with me exactly? All I said to GeauxLSU GeauxLSU was being a 2A defender you "should" know what youre defending...That is the context I was trying to convey. Owning a gun doesnt make you a 2A defender he is correct about that, but it "Can". Key words here. you guys aren't reading and understanding fully. I never said absolutely you need training to own a gun, or never said owning a gun give you "spirit of liberty" or a defender of freedom. Can it? absolutely. I am against any gun law ever written besides the one written into the Bill of Rights. Every law is an infringement. This is not what im arguing about at all. This is totally off the topic with the conversation im having with GeauxLSU GeauxLSU
Well you're getting there slowly. You've gone from being 'worried' about what you fear (based on nothing) could be new restrictions coming because you believe for some reason new gun owners won't get training (and I guess old new gun owners did?) at an abnormal rate, to now saying you do NOT want it required. That's progress.
The Democrats in power don't need a 'reason' to enact new infringements. They never have. While they have the disgusting habit of dancing on children's graves to get their agenda furthered, they will do whatever they want and the miniscule percentage of accidental discharges resulting in serious harm or death will be no where on their radar. 1m, or 100m new gun owners. It's irrelevant.

Well you're getting there slowly. You've gone from being 'worried' about what you fear (based on nothing) could be new restrictions coming because you believe for some reason new gun owners won't get training (and I guess old new gun owners did?) at an abnormal rate, to now saying you do NOT want it required. That's progress.
The Democrats in power don't need a 'reason' to enact new infringements. They never have. While they have the disgusting habit of dancing on children's graves to get their agenda furthered, they will do whatever they want and the miniscule percentage of accidental discharges resulting in serious harm or death will be no where on their radar. 1m, or 100m new gun owners. It's irrelevant.
I'm not sure where you thought I was "in fear" or "worried" or read somewhere where I said people should be required to get training? You're confusing me with the OP...You are the one who @'d me after I basically said (instead of crapping on a new gun owner why not welcome them into the community, but gun doesnt equal community to you.) That is all dude. Your opinion is different, but you're right, I'm wrong for trying to convert a commie. The End....

Back
Top Bottom