• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I am so pissed sad distraught

I witnessed my bestfriend commit suicide a few years ago .... ! Good luck I know what you are going through and you will be in my prayers bro!!

Alcoholism and depression.
No 'sane' person commits suicide. I understand when people say it's "selfish" etc. but presumably that is just their anger lashing out from the pain felt. Why burden YOURSELF with the actions of someone who is mentally ill (unless you are their psychiatrist)?
Hoss, it's awful obviously, but take comfort in the fact you were his friend and vice versa and in whatever joy you shared. The completely unpredictable and uncontrollable actions of those with mental issues are simply NOT the responsibility of friends.
Probably doesn't help, but it's the truth.
Prayers for comfort for all involved, especially those kids. :(

No making sense out of the senseless. We had a close family friend with 5 kids ages 12 to 3 kill himself. His kids loved the guy very much. We were at his house for his son's 5th birthday just 2wks before he did it and like you said there was no sign he had problems. He was a LCDR in the Navy. He made up his mind and there was no changing it. He went out to the local Walmart and bought a single shot 12ga and a box of buck shot. That night he went to the house and handed his wife 3 letters and left. The cops found him outside his car at a cemetary 1/2 mile from his house. Really a nice guy and it makes no sense at all. I think it is the most selfish thing a person can do!

His kids adored him and he was well liked by everyone. His 5 kids will now grow up with no father. Just selfish!

No 'sane' person commits suicide. I understand when people say it's "selfish" etc. but presumably that is just their anger lashing out from the pain felt. Why burden YOURSELF with the actions of someone who is mentally ill (unless you are their psychiatrist)?
Hoss, it's awful obviously, but take comfort in the fact you were his friend and vice versa and in whatever joy you shared. The completely unpredictable and uncontrollable actions of those with mental issues are simply NOT the responsibility of friends.
Probably doesn't help, but it's the truth.
Prayers for comfort for all involved, especially those kids. :(

Very well said.

Back
Top Bottom