• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

I did a good, clean finishing shot and she gave out the death twitch.

So the issue is:
Frightfully and cautiously defending yourself within the extent of the law
vs
Calculated, happily and gladly defending yourself within the extent of the law
What's the problem? Justified self defense either way.
I don't remember castle doctrine having a fear and remorse clause

Castle doctrine does not say you can execute a defenseless person and neither does any other SD law. Walking up and delivering a coup de grâce on an immobilized person that is no longer a threat is murder and is not justified.

No, it doesn't justify killing someone in cold blood, execution style. Even, apparently, after the criminals in question were already fatally wounded.

I'm just asking myself here...who bears the greatest responsibility for the death of the daughter?
The daughter herself.

"Prosecutors say as Brady descended the basement steps, Smith shot him in the chest, then in the back while Brady fell, Wartner said. Smith fired a final shot into Brady's head, the bullet passing through Brady's hand, Wartner said. Smith put Brady's body on a tarp so he wouldn't get blood on his carpet, dragged it into his workshop, reloaded his rifle and sat down again, the prosecutor said.

A few minutes later, Kifer walked down the stairs and Smith shot her, Wartner said. His rifle jammed when he tried a second shot, and Smith told police he believed Kifer laughed at him.

"He was angry," Wartner said, then describing that Smith pulled out his revolver and shot her twice in the head, once in the left eye and once behind the left ear.

Smith dragged Kifer's body into the workshop and laid it on top of Brady's, Wartner said. Smith told investigators he thought he heard Kifer gasping, so he placed his revolver under her chin and fired what he told police was a "good clean finishing shot to the head," the assistant prosecutor said."

That's clearly murder by a psycho, boys and girls.

Back
Top Bottom