• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I feel much safer at night.

You've also alerted the would be vandals of your security measures by posting this thread.
Exactly! Talking about security modifications to protect one's home makes the bad guys wonder just what you have that is worth all the protection. On a similar note, don't draw attention to yourself by flashing a Rolex watch and a diamond studded pinky ring while you shop at Wallyworld.

You'd be surprised to know how many bad guys scan forums like this looking for a quick buck.

IMG_6965-001_JPG.jpg

2 words: German Shepherd...you'll sleep like a baby.
Mine is pitbull. I have 2 other dogs that get put up at night due to chewing on stuff when unsupervised but the little one barks if she hears a mouse fart outside. That gets the pit up and running around.

Belgian Malinois - because Pit Bulls and German Shepherds need heroes too.
View attachment 5718765

My fiances dad has a Malinoi, she's a bad bitch. She rules the roost at her house and keeps their larger German shepherds in check.

But he brought her to our house and her and Thor got along good until they decided they wanted the ball at the same time.

She put up a good fight, put a few holes in Thors ears, but she limped her ass home, I got Thor off of her right as he was about to twist her leg off. They are fast, agile, smart, and determined, amazing dogs, but a pitbull is going to win that fight 99 times out of 100.

PXL_20230426_231923359.jpg

Lake, the Big German shepherd on the left has a terribly frightening bark but he ain't about that life.

Have your girl stare into the eyes of my wolf dog avatar...Once you go German Shepherd, you never go back...:p
I'm with you! My landlord, while stationed in Germany, raised GSD's to, get this, herd sheep! Who knew? I've raised them ever since. Great dogs! As my wife and I have gotten older, we decided to rescue a puppy rather than think we still have the time and energy required to raise another shepherd. There's so many dogs in shelters that need a chance, we just felt like it was the right call. (I still feel that way)

Riley was 8 weeks old when we adopted. The papers say "Shepherd Lab mix". But, the vet says otherwise... so did the DNA test. All signs, including disposition, point to Malinois. Riley is like having 5 ornery GSD's at once. Our "take it easy with a rescue" plan backfired but I wouldn't change a thing. Riley is a trip.

I'm with you though... GSD's are the best.

My fiances dad has a Malinoi, she's a bad bitch. She rules the roost at her house and keeps their larger German shepherds in check.

But he brought her to our house and her and Thor got along good until they decided they wanted the ball at the same time.

She put up a good fight, put a few holes in Thors ears, but she limped her ass home, I got Thor off of her right as he was about to twist her leg off. They are fast, agile, smart, and determined, amazing dogs, but a pitbull is going to win that fight 99 times out of 100.

View attachment 5718923

Lake, the Big German shepherd on the left has a terribly frightening bark but he ain't about that life.
Thor is a good lookin boy. Lake has a home here whenever necessary.

I'm with you! My landlord, while stationed in Germany, raised GSD's to, get this, herd sheep! Who knew? I've raised them ever since. Great dogs! As my wife and I have gotten older, we decided to rescue a puppy rather than think we still have the time and energy required to raise another shepherd. There's so many dogs in shelters that need a chance, we just felt like it was the right call. (I still feel that way)

Riley was 8 weeks old when we adopted. The papers say "Shepherd Lab mix". But, the vet says otherwise... so did the DNA test. All signs, including disposition, point to Malinois. Riley is like having 5 ornery GSD's at once. Our "take it easy with a rescue" plan backfired but I wouldn't change a thing. Riley is a trip.

I'm with you though... GSD's are the best.
I've never been around Malinois until I met my fiance. Her dad and brother both have them. Unbelievable energy, they never stop working, whether it's chasing a ball, barking at the horses, just running circles around whoever is in the yard, protecting the kids, the dogs just have no chill whatsoever. It's really amazing.

Thor would definitely mess up a would be burglar, but he also might be napping and just miss the whole home invasion all together.

Malinois ain't fixing to miss a damn thing that's for sure.

Back
Top Bottom