• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I have a question about trespassing

So most of these comments are off topic and a little out there. Welcome to ODT I know...

My 2cents.

OP: Go to court, ask to speak to the prosecutor. DRESS APPROPRIATELY. No shorts or open toed shoes, don't need a suit and tie but slacks and a polo or button down tucked in will put you above atleast 50% of the other people in there. Show the prosecutor the photo of the sign and say that it honestly confused you because it is difficult to read and you have never seen a sign with a wheelchair on it not pertaining to parking in front of it and that you made a mistake and will be more careful in the future as to not let it happen again. Be polite and to the point, ask if there is any way to reduce (not drop) the fine becasue the sign is damaged and appologize for not paying more attention. If you have a good driving record then they may work with you, although they still may not. As long as you are dressed well and cordial with the prosecutor they should not up the anty on the fine or ticket.

I got a ticket dropped off my record and the fine cut in half because I spoke with the prosectuor for 2 minutes when I was 19.

For those of you who went off on rants about Handicapped parking spots:
My grandmother has been using a walker and/or cane for about a decade now and the state would not give her a handicapped placard because she did not own a car. My granddad had to get the handicapped placard and it was only listed in his name. There was nothing wrong with him and he still worked 25-40 hours a week and walked 2.5 miles almost every evening. Tell me how that makes any sense? It also meant that if I took my grandmother to the store and my granddad wasn't present I could have been fined $1000 for parking in a handicapped spot even though clearly my grandmother needed to use it. My granddad never even used the placard unless she was with him. He even parked towards the back of the lot because he had a new truck at the time! And yet the placard was in his name alone... I did what another member did and would drop her off at the front of the store and park in a regular spot and then go get the car and pick her up.
One thing that bothers me too is when I see a ford excursion on an 8" lift sitting on 37" tires with a handicapped liscense plate. now I know that some vehicles are modified extensively so that two whole doors open up gull wing style with a chair lift. But I mean the ones that have huge lifted vehicles and then walk out of the store under their own power and hop in it.

So most of these comments are off topic and a little out there. Welcome to ODT I know...

My 2cents.

OP: Go to court, ask to speak to the prosecutor. DRESS APPROPRIATELY. No shorts or open toed shoes, don't need a suit and tie but slacks and a polo or button down tucked in will put you above atleast 50% of the other people in there. Show the prosecutor the photo of the sign and say that it honestly confused you because it is difficult to read and you have never seen a sign with a wheelchair on it not pertaining to parking in front of it and that you made a mistake and will be more careful in the future as to not let it happen again. Be polite and to the point, ask if there is any way to reduce (not drop) the fine becasue the sign is damaged and appologize for not paying more attention. If you have a good driving record then they may work with you, although they still may not. As long as you are dressed well and cordial with the prosecutor they should not up the anty on the fine or ticket.

I got a ticket dropped off my record and the fine cut in half because I spoke with the prosectuor for 2 minutes when I was 19.

For those of you who went off on rants about Handicapped parking spots:
My grandmother has been using a walker and/or cane for about a decade now and the state would not give her a handicapped placard because she did not own a car. My granddad had to get the handicapped placard and it was only listed in his name. There was nothing wrong with him and he still worked 25-40 hours a week and walked 2.5 miles almost every evening. Tell me how that makes any sense? It also meant that if I took my grandmother to the store and my granddad wasn't present I could have been fined $1000 for parking in a handicapped spot even though clearly my grandmother needed to use it. My granddad never even used the placard unless she was with him. He even parked towards the back of the lot because he had a new truck at the time! And yet the placard was in his name alone... I did what another member did and would drop her off at the front of the store and park in a regular spot and then go get the car and pick her up.
One thing that bothers me too is when I see a ford excursion on an 8" lift sitting on 37" tires with a handicapped liscense plate. now I know that some vehicles are modified extensively so that two whole doors open up gull wing style with a chair lift. But I mean the ones that have huge lifted vehicles and then walk out of the store under their own power and hop in it.

I can understand those who walk out and seems like nothing is wrong. Not always the case. Had a friend who had heart ailment and had to keep walking to a minimum. He always got bad looks from folks because he had no chair,walker or cane.

Back
Top Bottom