• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I have a question?

I appreciate the fact that you seem to be loyal and don't want to put your dad in a bind, a lot of companies will appreciate that for sure. While you can easily go to one of the plants in Bartow County and start out making more, having a skilled trade should provide a better life for you and your family in the future if you apply yourself. The plumbing business should be booming right now, so with your experience, you should be able to walk into the door of any plumbing company and start making $35-$40k a year right off the bat with your experience I would think. I'd start looking for a job now and worry about the test once you start getting some checks in the bank.

You have a family, and your obligation is to them, not your father. He may be a fine man, and if so, he will appreciate the fact that you want to do better for your family. Some employers will say that you should be "making it fine" off what they pay. The truth is, a person shouldn't be just making it.

Everyone should understand what it is to struggle and barely make ends meet when they are young just so that they can appreciate things more so later on, but it's time for you to take the initiative and apply yourself. That first step is a scary one I know, but once you make it you will ask yourself why you didn't do it sooner.

Yeah I know it, I’m getting screwed. I don’t even need to make 100k But it sure would be nice. Just out of curiosity what was everyone else making when they were 29?
I just turned 26 and I make about $75,000-$90,000 depending on the year in sales

Been doing it since I was 21 and have a degree in marketing which I don’t think is worth jack

Back
Top Bottom