• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I have a question?

Yeah I know it, I’m getting screwed. I don’t even need to make 100k But it sure would be nice. Just out of curiosity what was everyone else making when they were 29?
Hmmm...think I was making 30-35. But that was a long, long time ago, so it’s probavly a bad basis for comparison.

Yeah I know it, I’m getting screwed. I don’t even need to make 100k But it sure would be nice. Just out of curiosity what was everyone else making when they were 29?
About $70,000 in the Upstate of SC and Charlotte....in 1995. That's a little over $117,000 in 2019 dollars adjusted for inflation. I worked in the food marketing business as an analyst and category management planner. I think I was underpaid.

Is this your real dad you are working for? If I was working with my dad (did at one time, doctor made me quit for health reasons) and he was paying me at 1/3rd scale I'd stick the knife in his back so deep and in a location where he couldn't reach it that he'd have to ask someone else to pull it out.

Discount tire starts at 10 an hour. My son has only been there for about 2 months and received 2 raises so far. He's supposed to be over 13 an hour by the end of the year. He's only part time so he can go to school. Good workers are impossible to come by and keep right now. I feel your pain, working for family is almost always a bad thing. Emotions at work are a bad thing. At the end of your week you should be at zero with your company you worked hard for the money you received. If you ever feel as if you're owed anything you'll never be happy where you are. Honest days work for an honest days pay.

My buddy works for RotoRooter and makes $75-90K a year in Savannah. If your Dad is trying to see what you are made of to some day turn over the company to you maybe I could see sticking it out. But it doesn't really seem like that. One of the businesses I run is a coffee shop. With tips my employees start out around $13/hr. My son works for me and is almost done with his Economics degree. He averages about $16/hr for serving coffee in an air conditioned restaurant. And I do not think I am overpaying him. He is my most valuable employee and the only one I really trust. Time for a heart-to-heart with dear old dad. Are you involved in the business decisions and privy to the financial management side of the business or basically a ditch digger? If it's the former maybe there is something bigger on the horizon. After 11 years I would expect to be part of the big picture or go to another company. Good luck

1)Apply for other jobs while doing the test thang and don't tell dad until someone wants to hire you (there are good jobs everywhere) 2)Tell dad you can't pay your bills on grocery store bagger pay and need a 100% raise or you're gone and will start your own plumbing business eventually.

Wow that's crazy man. I get that he's family and all so don't take any offense but he's screwing you over and probably knows it. He's a business man and so he knows what inflation is. His argument that he got by on that when he was your age is null and void. If that's the case he better still be charging prices like it was the late 80's.

Most plumbing companies like have been mentioned would gladly pay you more than that. And many of them would pay for you to get licensed as well as that helps their business as much as it helps you. You don't see many companies advertising without saying their employees are licensed. You have to do what's best for you and your family. My buddy is a licensed plumber in Macon for a local company and makes 3 times that much. Best of luck to you!

Well, my dad once replanted corn....blank spots the planter had missed....for 17 cents a day. This was about 115 years ago. I don't think I could survive on less than a dollar a week.

He related it "was an 'old dutchman' farmer" who, when he paid the boys doing the replanting, would give them a nickel, a dime and 2 coppers.

I could tell you about my son and what he went through to get where he is at today,Life wasnt easy for him growing up with Biker13 but he damn shore weathered the storm and I am damn proud of the man he is today. You have the potential to be the best you can be,do it.

Back
Top Bottom