• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

I just shot my foot

For real man. I think about what if he was just pointing it at my direction and it happened. I’m a huge Harper on gun safety after that. This was my first time someone did this around me. I had two other people ND around me.
I used to give a ride to the gun shows in Perry and Atlanta to a club member (now deceased). He carried some kind of Makarov and whenever he'd take it off to put it in the glove box he'd empty it but when he returned to the car, he'd load it before re-holstering it. I'd cringe and squeeze my legs as far into the driver's side door panel as possible because he simply didn't or couldn't chamber a round without pointing it somewhat towards my legs.

Moments of sheer terror.

I don't allow anyone to unload or re-load a gun in my car anymore. Period. Me included.

I used to give a ride to the gun shows in Perry and Atlanta to a club member (now deceased). He carried some kind of Makarov and whenever he'd take it off to put it in the glove box he'd empty it but when he returned to the car, he'd load it before re-holstering it. I'd cringe and squeeze my legs as far into the driver's side door panel as possible because he simply didn't or couldn't chamber a round without pointing it somewhat towards my legs.

Moments of sheer terror.

I don't allow anyone to unload or re-load a gun in my car anymore. Period. Me included.
This is a good rule to have.

Back
Top Bottom