• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I may be done with Optics Planet

Yeah! The last order I made I cancelled and they didn't refund my money. They said they never took out the charges from the card. My account says otherwise. Thank God it was only 23 dollars. They are so behind the 8 ball they don't even know if they charged you are not. Pitiful.

I paid money for an item that arrived incomplete. It’s missing a component that they sell for just under $100. So they’re offer was a 10% coupon, for which I’d have to spend nearly a grand to recoup the $100 they are unwilling to credit or - easiest - just send the part. I’ve already paid for it. So yes, they’re stealing from me.

Actually, they're not stealing from you. They have an incorrect listing, which is an error they shouldn't have made and a problem that they should correct. And that sucks.

However, they have agreed to make you whole by letting you return the entire item, assuming they are paying for shipping. Or, alternately, they are offering to give you a coupon if you're willing to negotiate and keep what you've got, as is. You can always send it back, get your money back, and walk away.

It's not stealing when someone says "Hey, give me your money, or keep it, your choice," and you agree to let them have it.

It is, in my opinion, poor customer service, but not stealing. You could always 'go up the ladder' with customer service, asking to speak to managers, and see if you can get someone who will agree to send the item out to you.

If a satisfactory resolution cannot be reached. Basically floated as a last resort. Are you going to ask for a refund for a new car (that you’ve waited for) that was delivered missing a tire, or just ask for them to provide a tire or comp you back for it so you can go get one. I don’t see it as a logical answer.

GeauxLSU GeauxLSU maybe we just see differently on such situations and have to agree to disagree.

I ordered a complete AR pistol from Primary Arms a few months back... one of those impulse purchases of something that came in stock and I just had to have it. It arrived and I didn’t even take notice that certain components weren’t as the listing had described (because it was already well-spec’d as it was). The charging handle was the manufacturer’s stock extended latch handle rather than an upgraded Radian and the buffer system was also manufacturer’s stock config versus the upgraded A5 system that it was listed as having. PA actually contacted me after several other customers made contact to inform them of the altered configurations, apologized for the error, and asked to confirm my shipping address so that they could send the missing components to me free of charge. Within 48 hours I had a BCM A5 tube, VLTOR buffer, Sprinco green spring, and a Radian CH in my mailbox.

That is customer service. That is how you earn and retain customer loyalty.
You are correct. We do see it differently. If a company makes an error and offers to refund me my money, I'd never claim they are "stealing from me". Sounds like PA is on top of it and went above and beyond what is expected.
I get why you are annoyed. I'd be too. But you yourself admitted you've done 'tons' of business with them for 'years' and hadn't had any issues. Now suddenly, a single listing on their site contains outdated information (as the manufacturer confirmed) and they offered to refund your money but that isn't good enough. You want to profit from their mistake. This is why I could never have a job dealing with the public. Apparently great service for years and they make one error and are willing to make you whole yet you are calling them thieves. :confused: To you that is apparently perfectly reasonable. Again, yes, we see it differently. If you do a deal here with a member and get home and realize something is missing and the seller apologizes and offers to refund you the money or somehow make you whole, and you go into the forums and say they are "stealing from you" I promise you, that won't fly. Neither would a negative.
Are you 'wrong' to expect them to honor their ad? No, I don't think so. Unless of course it is clearly an error (as it apparently is) and prices on other websites confirm that. If they haven't corrected their ad still then that is another poor dealing on their part. You can decide if that is intentional on their part or another sign of their apparent sloppy practices. I've only ordered a few things from them and previously DVOR over the years and never had an issue. You also have had good service save this one issue. But the countless complaints on these boards about their questionable billing/shipping/back order practices, has me generally avoiding them.
Again, the only thing I'm taking any exception to is you characterizing your scenario as being a victim of theft. You are not. They've offered to make you whole and you have chosen to not accept it.

OP is a real disappointment these days. I used to use them regularly for all kinds of stuff, gun related and not. But they completely fell apart during the latest panic, and burned me so badly on several different orders that I refuse to go back and try them again.

There are too many other places that sell what they sell to bother with their inaccurate stock info, slow shipping, and the complete lack of customer service.

Strangely enough the one recent experience I had with them was actually good. I ordered something off Amazon and was amazed when it showed up a couple of days early in an OP box. I guess if Amazon is holding their feet to the fire they actually have to do their job.

Depending on what component was left out would decide how big a stink I made out of it. So what was left out???
Pair of back-up irons. Not a big deal, by any means, but that’s the reason why this is rubbing me the wrong way... it’d be an easy fix, pretty sure they have the exact ones in stock, definitely some comparable ones could be substituted, wouldn’t be worth much to them at all to make it right, and totally not with returning the entire thing for.

Back
Top Bottom