• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I need...

Agreed on BCG and barrels, as that was what I was pretty much refering to.. But, lets not forget they have a ultra reliable set up for the 9mm AR (speaking from experience). I know that's not what the OP is looking for, but I just wanted to add JP to the quality lineup you mentioned.

And the quarter method is new to me. Not saying it isn't true but do you care to share a bit of info on the matter for curiousity sake? I'm pretty big on their AR BCG and 9mm Bolt/SCS.
The issue comes from when you drop a SCS into the RE, there is a gap where is can move back and forth (not all the time). JP says to use a quarter to make up for this difference. I am sure its fine, but that is some cheap **** for such an expensive buffer system. Not putting loose change into my rifle to make it correctly function. Plus, I just don't see the need to use a SCS.

I have heard good things about their PCC's but do not own one and cannot speak first hand about their quality.

The issue comes from when you drop a SCS into the RE, there is a gap where is can move back and forth (not all the time). JP says to use a quarter to make up for this difference. I am sure its fine, but that is some cheap **** for such an expensive buffer system. Not putting loose change into my rifle to make it correctly function. Plus, I just don't see the need to use a SCS.

I have heard good things about their PCC's but do not own one and cannot speak first hand about their quality.

Thanks for the info. As for their parts PCC, I've got QC10 Colt with Tros 5" Barrel and JP guts (Bolt/SCS) paired with a Obsidian and it eats everything you feed it. If the rare chance we ever meet up your more than welcome to abuse the S*** out of it..

I also run their Bolts on all of my AR standard platforms with no prob. But again, thank for the info.

Thanks for the info. As for the PCC, I've got QC10 Colt with Tros 5" Barrel and JP guts (Bolt/SCS) paired with a Obsidian and it eats everything you feed it. If the rare chance we ever meet up your more than welcome to abuse the S*** out of it..
Sounds good. Sadly, its been quite a minute since I have had time to dust off a rifle and shoot it. Maybe 2018 will yield better hobby time for me.

The reason for the quarter recommendation is because the SCS is built to a specific length for functionality, and obviously tolerances are going to differ in parts like the buffer tube. I have two SCS in an AR9 SBR and a AR15 SBR, and neither of them require a quarter. But if it did, it has absolutely 0 bearing on functionality.

The reason, or need, for the SCS is that it significantly quiets the noise level at the ear (negates the buffer sprong noise), and this makes a huge difference when running a suppressor - especially on an AR 9 where I can run without hearing protection. If I wasn't running a can, I wouldn't bother. And oiling a standard buffer spring doesn't work as good. I've tried it.

The reason for the quarter recommendation is because the SCS is built to a specific length for functionality, and obviously tolerances are going to differ in parts like the buffer tube. I have two SCS in an AR9 SBR and a AR15 SBR, and neither of them require a quarter. But if it did, it has absolutely 0 bearing on functionality.

The reason, or need, for the SCS is that it significantly quiets the noise level at the ear (negates the buffer sprong noise), and this makes a huge difference when running a suppressor - especially on an AR 9 where I can run without hearing protection. If I wasn't running a can, I wouldn't bother. And oiling a standard buffer spring doesn't work as good. I've tried it.
JP’s flat ground music wire does the same thing in regards to the spring noise. If using a PTFE coated RE and lightly oiling the spring, I personally see no issue from action noise. To each their own though, I use my cans to make shooting tolerable in regards to sound mitigation. I am not a dB chaser personally.

JP’s flat ground music wire does the same thing in regards to the spring noise. If using a PTFE coated RE and lightly oiling the spring, I personally see no issue from action noise. To each their own though, I use my cans to make shooting tolerable in regards to sound mitigation. I am not a dB chaser personally.

Again I've tried oiling springs, and it doesn't give the same results as the SCS. And DB chasing makes sense when you can run with no hearing protection, and you can do that with an AR9. It also helps for hunting applications on the off chance that I might make a shot without hearing protection. Every little bit of decibel reduction helps in negating hearing damage. So yeah there are reasons to reduce the decibel level.

Again I've tried oiling springs, and it doesn't give the same results as the SCS. And DB chasing makes sense when you can run with no hearing protection, and you can do that with an AR9. It also helps for hunting applications on the off chance that I might make a shot without hearing protection. Every little bit of decibel reduction helps in negating hearing damage. So yeah there are reasons to reduce the decibel level.
To each their own. I just don’t care about it that much. SpringCo springs, and Vltor A5’s for me on non rifle gas guns, then again, I don’t run PCC’s or plan on it any time soon.

To each their own. I just don’t care about it that much. SpringCo springs, and Vltor A5’s for me on non rifle gas guns, then again, I don’t run PCC’s or plan on it any time soon.

And that's fine, but for those who want to reduce decibels as much as possible, the SCS can be a part of that equation. And the quarter, if required, has no bearing on functionality. It's a quality part that works well. The only mod that could be required is reducing the spring length, and I've had to snip off a little in one setup.

....anyways. OP disregard all this PCC talk. The list I gave was just a starting point. Likely you will want a different stock, grip and FCG strictly due to personal preferences. I listed what I know works well and with simplicity in mind. If you need help assembling any of it, just let me know. I could also inspect that upper to ensure the gas block was proper installed (if not the FSB upper) and pending the rail doesn’t require a proprietary wrench to remove and pin gauge the gas port, again if the rail can be readily removed. This would give you an idea of what to expect (over gassed or not). If the barrel nut isn’t some crazy proprietary nut, I could verify it’s torqued properly and had anti-seize applied.

You would just have to ship me all of the parts unless you’re ever in the Bartow area.

To finish a AR15 build. I have upper and stripped lower, so I need bcg, charging handle, lower parts kit. Don’t want cheap stuff so I wanna splurge a little. Need opinions on parts.

I have a couple of lightly used BCM Gunfighter charging handles with the medium latch if you’re interested. Also have a Hiperfire 24 3G trigger that’s never been used.

Back
Top Bottom