• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

I remember when a loaf of bread was a nickle...

ClassicBlue

Default rank <5000 posts
Friends don’t let friends buy cheap guns!
431   0
Reaction score
.....not really, I'm only 47. But I do remember buying quarts of Penzoil motor oil for .89 cents at K-Mart(this was way before synthetics). Yesterday I purchased a quart of house brand automobile motor oil for my lawn mower and paid $3.99. I do most of my own work on my cars except for oil changes, that I have done at a buddys shop since he only charges $20.00. For that kind of money it gives me a chance to shoot the bull with him for a while and I don't have to deal with clean up and disposal. And for that reason, I really haven't purchased motor oil in a while and was blown away with today's prices. Traditional oil for 3.00 to 4.00 a quart and synthetics were around 8.00 and up. Rant over.

Last edited:
I DO remember when Gas was under fifty cents a gallon--I would say the price of Motor Oil is just more evidence that the "Procrastinator In Chief" has the Economy well on the road to Recovery--Sarcasm OFF now....mikey357

I remember leaded and unleaded gas... And it was $.89/gal.
Bread was $1.03 with tax.
Movies were $5.00 at night..
And I'm only 45...

Movie theaters are outrageous! BTW do they still have $1 theaters?
$2.50 now but unless it's a movie that you just have to see at the theater you could wait another week and get it from the redbox for $1 (yes they are that old). And besides, the value theaters are crappy to say the least...

Last edited:
I remember when the press was outraged that we were paying over 2 bucks for a gallon of gasoline when Bush was in office. Where is the outrage of over 3 a gallon now?

It's sad that I remember .21 cents a gallon gas, .25 cents a pack for smokes and you could get a burger, fries and a drink for .78 cents at Mc Donald's. Damn I'm old.................lol

Back
Top Bottom