• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

I remember when a loaf of bread was a nickle...

We remember..

gas for .279 at the back gate of DOBBINS AFB, was an indepent company

coke for a .05

candy for a .05

bread for .25

hamburgers for .10 at KRYSTAL

car hops would ride your car till you parked at the ATLANTA VARSITY

pack of cigarettes was .20 per pack

movies would have matinee for .75

brand new '68 SS CAMARO, w/RS package out the door for $3,158.74 wish we still had it.. SS396.

7500 miles per change with synthetics versus the 3000 I used to do when using conventional oil. That helps a little.

My 15 yr old had never seen smokey and the bandit so we watched it the other night

He flipped out at the scene where the 18 wheeler pulls in the truckstop

There was a huge sign : DIESEL 34 cents

I figure when he's my age fuel will be $75 a gallon

7500 miles per change with synthetics versus the 3000 I used to do when using conventional oil. That helps a little.

Back in the days when I was walking four miles to school in snow storms,there were no synthetics. Engines didn't have oil filters; and the accepted interval for oil change was 1000 miles. Kendall Oil ran an advertising campaign for years which stressed that their product was good for 2000 miles.

kendall51sign.jpg

Prior to 2014, BMW has always recommended 15k in between oil changes. Not sure I would go that long, but if you do the math, $90 every 15k vs. $30 every 3k, that's actually 40% cheaper due to technological advancements of synthetic motor oil.

Still in my mid-fifties. Cheapest I can remember gas was 15.9 cents a gallon. Anyone remember "gas wars?" I was a young kid and remember my parents remarking how it would be "free" soon. Cheapest I bought it (mowing lawns) 24.9 cents. Was 52.9 when I had my first job pumping gas (talk about an obsolete career path).

Back
Top Bottom