I think I want a Jeep, what say you Jeep junkies?

6Bones

Default rank <5000 posts Supporter
Non-vigilante Architect
274   0
Reaction score
I have my eye on a 2005 Willy's Edition with 70k miles. It's a no frills pkg from an off-road equipment view but I dig the green paint and camo interior. Seems like a viable candidate to carry off-road enhancements over time. Question is: What do I need to look out for when buying an older Jeep (not off-roaded much, if at all)? Budget is sub $15k. Would be happier under $10k if possible. Thanks ODT!

image.jpeg

Look underneath for rusty or cakes muddy places. Also 4.0's are known for leaks toward the back of the head gasket. Hardly ever been off road is like saying a almost new in box gun. TJ's are still good to find under the 15k mark. Too bad you can't go a little up on your budget and get a JK. Good luck.

All I know is they bring all the money no matter what year you're looking at. Saw a 95 on CL last week. Bone stock 4 cylinder and they still wanted $6000.00 for it. I kind of agree with shootin4fun on the 4.0 engine. I don't see them as the legendary bulletproof motor they are made out to be. I've owned and seen way too many that were all done or close to it at the mid 100K mark. Not saying it's a bad engine. It's just no Slant 6 or Ford 300 6.

If you like money dont get one. There are unlimited **** to buy for them and like camsdaddy said they ride rough, suck gas, and cant load **** in them. But i sure do love mine. They will go anywhere and are convertible.

Back
Top Bottom