I think I want a Jeep, what say you Jeep junkies?

If you like money dont get one. There are unlimited **** to buy for them and like camsdaddy said they ride rough, suck gas, and cant load **** in them. But i sure do love mine. They will go anywhere and are convertible.
See now yall are gonna laugh and run me out of the thread but I gotta say it. Buy a Tracker. I've owned a little over 70 vehicles over the years among which was a 91 Tracker soft top and a 92 Wrangler. Got both of them used. The Wrangler had an issue that most of them eventually have. It popped out of 5th gear. Bad synchros inside tranny. It also had a bad slave cylinder.Also inside tranny.
Now the Tracker/Sidekick won't do what the Jeep will do as for towing and off roading. But it's all in how much time you plan to spend in the mud or on the trails. The Tracker also doesn't have the 10/22 type accessory aftermarket that the Jeep does. To me that's good because it keeps money in your pocket and unnecessary tacky junk off your vehicle. With the Tacker you just go a size or two bigger with your tires and get an aggressive A/T tread pattern. Then get a decent winch with plenty of cable and you're done. Sure it's not gonna get you the looks from hot girls at red lights like the Jeep. But I'm married and don't give a damn about that. And the Tracker gets pretty good MPG. But again, this is MY opinion and I've had a bunch of cars and trucks. I've had a Trooper,a big 91 Montero a Wrangler,a Rodeo (MISTAKE!) an Exploerer etc. If I could have any one of those cars back it would be my 91 Tracker.

See now yall are gonna laugh and run me out of the thread but I gotta say it. Buy a Tracker. I've owned a little over 70 vehicles over the years among which was a 91 Tracker soft top and a 92 Wrangler. Got both of them used. The Wrangler had an issue that most of them eventually have. It popped out of 5th gear. Bad synchros inside tranny. It also had a bad slave cylinder.Also inside tranny.
Now the Tracker/Sidekick won't do what the Jeep will do as for towing and off roading. But it's all in how much time you plan to spend in the mud or on the trails. The Tracker also doesn't have the 10/22 type accessory aftermarket that the Jeep does. To me that's good because it keeps money in your pocket and unnecessary tacky junk off your vehicle. With the Tacker you just go a size or two bigger with your tires and get an aggressive A/T tread pattern. Then get a decent winch with plenty of cable and you're done. Sure it's not gonna get you the looks from hot girls at red lights like the Jeep. But I'm married and don't give a damn about that. And the Tracker gets pretty good MPG. But again, this is MY opinion and I've had a bunch of cars and trucks. I've had a Trooper,a big 91 Montero a Wrangler,a Rodeo (MISTAKE!) an Exploerer etc. If I could have any one of those cars back it would be my 91 Tracker.

Narrow with a short wheel base, the Tracker can go just about anywhere and I can turn around in small spaces when I can't go further.

Attachments

• 11998387_1084551251564591_247526822_n.jpg
    11998387_1084551251564591_247526822_n.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 76
Narrow with a short wheel base, the Tracker can go just about anywhere and I can turn around in small spaces when I can't go further.
BAM! There you have it folks. A Believer! All hail the Tracker! And if you can find a clean one I can assure you it will be about a third of the price of a Jeep.

First of all, theres nothing wrong with being deep inside a tranny. I mean as long as you are both consenting. . . er. . . i mean. . . well.

I changed the slave/master combo on my TJ (same dirty tranny as the YJ, its sealed) and it took like 10 minutes.

repairs, upgrades, modifications on jeeps are all basically easy as ****. super well documented, and probably have like 100 youtube videos each to choose from. Its a no brainer. get the jeep!

oh and send a letter to ford asking them to bring back the bronco, and chevy to bring back the fullsize convertible blazer. Jeep needs some competition in the market to drive the prices down.

Rust
Find out what axles are under it. It probably has a Dana 30 up front and a 35 rear. If you can find one with Dana 44 axles your a lot better off in the future if you are going to lift it and go bigger tires. Plus the Dana 35 is a c clip axle. Bad news.

Also check what gears are in it.

First of all, theres nothing wrong with being deep inside a tranny. I mean as long as you are both consenting. . . er. . . i mean. . . well.

I changed the slave/master combo on my TJ (same dirty tranny as the YJ, its sealed) and it took like 10 minutes.

repairs, upgrades, modifications on jeeps are all basically easy as ****. super well documented, and probably have like 100 youtube videos each to choose from. Its a no brainer. get the jeep!

oh and send a letter to ford asking them to bring back the bronco, and chevy to bring back the fullsize convertible blazer. Jeep needs some competition in the market to drive the prices down.
Me time last year there was a thread on a prototype of a new Bronco. It was cool but as I recall it was gonna wind up in the over $40K range.
Fo4 the record I'm not criticizing Jeeps. From an investment aspect its a winner. You can always get all your money back out of them and maybe some profit. My main point is that a Jeep is a third vehicle for weekend fun? As a daily driver it gets old fairly quick. Now I will admit that the Wrangler I had was a 92 square headlight model. But as mentioned earlier there is the MPG to be considered as well as the road noise and ride quality. Maybe if you got one of those long wheel base versions for the early 00ss it would ride a little better. It would also have more cargo area.
And I've already stated that the Tracker won't do ALL the stuff the Jeep will. BUT... It makes for a much more comfortable daily driver.

Start off with a big pile of money and you will end up with this and a few dollars in your wallet.

Attachments

• trailer5_zpsg4kw3lku.png
    trailer5_zpsg4kw3lku.png
    638.2 KB · Views: 59
the new JK's with hard tops ride pretty well and are quiet. very comfy but still have the classic jeep sitting position that can be a little uncomfy for some. Me, I like sitting straight up in vehicles, so I love it.

Back
Top Bottom