I think I want a Jeep, what say you Jeep junkies?

You sir have won the internet. I am in love. Please tell me you wheel some in that beast..

Sure I do. But it is a pristine scrambler tub and I don't go to hard cause I don't want to bend up the body. Im building a 38 ft gooseneck to haul a camper, a Viking and the jeep to the trails.

Last edited:
Kind of like all the cash and school time I poured into becoming a wealthy architect... and you know how that one turned out.

I see a (bad) pattern here.

You and I are in the same boat on that first one, pal. And must point out your bad grammar - "wealthy" is an adjective that cannot be used in relation to the word "architect". At the very least it is an oxymoron...:lol: Actually, I have met a few wealthy architects...but by that point they were more businessmen or marketing agents than they were architects. And you know where my strengths (and weakenesses) lie in regards to that!

I just can't get into Jeeps. I have tried...and they just don't "fit" me. The new ones literally don't fit me...the old ones just don't do it for me. I admire one that has been fixed up nicely, but can't get myself to buy one. Eh...to each his own. I guess that's why there are still so many different vehicles produced even now...

Last edited:
I've had a 4.0 and I've been in a JK since 2008. If you have a second vehicle or you don't have a young family that needs shuttling around, go for it. I've thoroughly enjoyed both jeeps that I've had. You can do some work to improve fuel economy if that is a concern. People don't buy jeeps for "ride quality " by the way... I dont know why that always get brought up.

Along the same lines, I was truck shopping and decided a Jeep would probably make me happier.

Now to rubicon or not to rubicon???

Will stock axles hold 35's or 37"s or is the rubicon package the way to go for that size?

Along the same lines, I was truck shopping and decided a Jeep would probably make me happier.

Now to rubicon or not to rubicon???

Will stock axles hold 35's or 37"s or is the rubicon package the way to go for that size?

Are you going to only run it on the street or do you plan to put it in the woods and bang on it? Cause if your going to bang on it and break it then you will be upgrading anyhow and if you will end up with a 14 bolt and a 60 then why pay for the rubicon package now. However if you don't see yourself wrenching on your own stuff and building it up bigger and bigger then get you a rubicon and R and R parts as you break them

Back
Top Bottom