I think I want a Jeep, what say you Jeep junkies?

If you can afford the Rubi, go that route.

Edit: If you can find it.. Rubi DIESEL!

Apply with the state for an alternative fuel title change and carry on.

Got some statutes to back that up? Cause I don't believe that's correct.

And not everybody lives in the metro atl area.

Back when I was doing a swap on my TJ I read all the laws. Thats why I went with a 5.9L from a ram 2500 with Dakota RT heads. They were at least available from the manufacturer in the same year.
Im not going to do the research again now. When the emissions comes up in the state system that your gas powered jeep is due, they get really nasty. Good luck explaining it if you go and they cant scan a gas engine through the OBD port.

I have my eye on a 2005 Willy's Edition with 70k miles. It's a no frills pkg from an off-road equipment view but I dig the green paint and camo interior. Seems like a viable candidate to carry off-road enhancements over time. Question is: What do I need to look out for when buying an older Jeep (not off-roaded much, if at all)? Budget is sub $15k. Would be happier under $10k if possible. Thanks ODT!

View attachment 549488

I found a couple links that you may find interesting. The Willy's edition was a dealer installed upgrade. According to Kelly Blue Book in Very Good condition it's worth $13,004 if purchased from a private party.

http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/2005-willys-edition-207999.html

http://www.trucktrend.com/truck-reviews/163-0504-2005-jeep-tj-willys/

JEEP= Just Empty Every Pocket - they ARE loud, hard to drive, don't handle the best but that being said I love mine and wouldn't have it any other way. Mine has a carb'd 258 that sucker is bullet proof. My only regret is putting a detriot locker in the rear making the thing so much harder to handle and a turd in snow

Well this just happened
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1444785009.971259.jpg

Traded in the ram and got a 15 JKU Rubicon

Good luck with that

I swapped a turbo diesel in my 4 runner and wound up to selling it to someone in a state with no emission test

Maybe there making a mistake down here but myself and three others have went that route with the clean airforce people that have an office within our local tag office and we gave them the form and got the paperwork. You have to tell them its run on biofuel exclusively.

Maybe there making a mistake down here but myself and three others have went that route with the clean airforce people that have an office within our local tag office and we gave them the form and got the paperwork. You have to tell them its run on biofuel exclusively.
Mind me asking which location that is ?

I won't be doing it again
I sold the two extra Toyota turbo diesels

I bought the 4 runners in the UK
Had the driveline removed and shipped to me

Back
Top Bottom