• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I thought deer were supposed to be afraid of people

Next time you run into that scenario just call @Chatsworth's buddy, problem solved.........
Screenshot_20171118-150259.jpg

Deer around my house are wild animals and act as such, but I live in the country. If I drive half an hour to all the cookie cutter subdivision communities, deer are semi-domesticated and will come in people's yards. There is no hunting and they're used to people there. I have been on several military bases where deer have very little fear of humans or cars. Same thing.

They can be super curious as well and unless they have had interaction with people it may not see any reason to think of you as a threat.

one story similar to this i always tell folks on how NOT timid they can be. Me and a large group of friends were at a neighborhood pool for a birthday party. We prob left at about 11pm to walk back to the house and everyone was pretty drunk and making a TON of noise. on the way back all the sudden we notice a deer come out of yard and is walking right towards this large loud ass group of people. Well we just started trying to call it over and sure as **** it walked right up to us and the whole group started petting it, it then walked with us about a mile back towards the house before it finally got bored and broke off the trail towards something else but the whole time it was nuzzling everybody and being as friendly as any dog you've ever met. Was weird as hell and i will never forget about that deer. This was all in peachtree city
I need to know what you were drinking! :cool:

Back
Top Bottom