• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

I typed all of this out then the thread closed before I hit enter. Just wanted to share.

No. You're just the only that can't convey your point tactfully enough for it to be heard over your mouth foaming. Even when people agree with you in general, your tone makes it impossible to pull any pearls of wisdom from the steaming pile of self appointed superiority.
My point exactly.
I guess that about sums it up.

You know how much he has practiced and you know he hasn't sighted in his bow? You are good. Maybe, just maybe, he missed. Big ****ing deal. Get over yourself. Everybody misses. Even if its a magical exploding arrow that makes you miss.

Awwwwww and he was doing sooo good. :becky:
snickers barf.jpg

No. You're just the only that can't convey your point tactfully enough for it to be heard over your mouth foaming. Even when people agree with you in general, your tone makes it impossible to pull any pearls of wisdom from the steaming pile of self appointed superiority.
^^^^^THIS^^^^^

You know how much he has practiced and you know he hasn't sighted in his bow? You are good. Maybe, just maybe, he missed. Big ****ing deal. Get over yourself. Everybody misses. Even if its a magical exploding arrow that makes you miss.
^^^^^AND THIS^^^^^

NOBODY needs to be out learning to shoot a bow and hunting at the same time. NOBODY can teach archery in text on a forum. I'm sure anybody here, myself included, would be more than willing to give a noob some lessons and pointers but it has to be in person. I'm the only one here that has a problem with this hunting before learning to shoot thing? Good Lord, let me know when the season is over and it's safe to go back out in the woods. Do you guys run into Walmart, purchase a Savage rifle and a Scope, take it straight to the woods without sighting the scope in and getting the feel of the new rifle? What do you do? BAM! oops..missed high and wide to the right...adjust...hey there's another one BAM oops shot him in the ass...guess I went too far left...adjust adjust...Hey! there's another one! Hell...I don't spend too much time getting the "feel" of a new rifle either, but I damn sure sight the scope in and make sure I know where my bullets are hitting before flinging them wildly at wildlife. Archery is a hell of a lot more complicated than that.

If Chuck Adams and Darren Collins want to shoot aluminium, good for them. i have a few I shoot now and then too. Whatever they are shooting, I bet they punch the middle out of a few targets before competing or hunting, right?
You seem like such a bright ray of sunshine on a cloudy day. So what he missed. I missed one last weekend as well and I've been shooting archery for almost 10 years, hopefully when you fall off that high horse of yours it doesn't hurt too bad.

If you had used a tracking dog, you would have found the deer in less than 15 minutes.

A rifle is no magic killing machine, either. I have seen folks lose deer shot with 30-06, only to find bones months later. Again, no tracking dog.
My rifle is a magic killing machine

I'm curious why assumptions are being made about how much someone did or did not practice before heading to the woods? On another note though, for all the people claiming every deer they shoot with a gun drops right where they shot it, I'd love to know what magical caliber/load you guys are using. I've killed more deer than I care to try to count over the last 20 or so years and I can count on one hand how many of those dropped right where I shot them. Two with a shotgun, 1 with a bow, and 1 with a rifle, and none of those 4 were hit in the heart. I've hit several deer in the heart with a rifle and had them run 100+ yds.

I'm curious why assumptions are being made about how much someone did or did not practice before heading to the woods? On another note though, for all the people claiming every deer they shoot with a gun drops right where they shot it, I'd love to know what magical caliber/load you guys are using. I've killed more deer than I care to try to count over the last 20 or so years and I can count on one hand how many of those dropped right where I shot them. Two with a shotgun, 1 with a bow, and 1 with a rifle, and none of those 4 were hit in the heart. I've hit several deer in the heart with a rifle and had them run 100+ yds.
I agree. I've had a few run 50 or so yards without a heart or with a few pieces of a heart left intact.

Always learning from mistakes and everything else.

I may pick up a crossbow and try that one of these years though. I hear they are dang near like shooting a gun nowadays.
I know you feel really bad about not being able to find that deer, but you should understand that he was probably dead in less than a minute. Deer can travel a hell of a long way very quickly. When I was a teenager I center punched a deer's heart with a 30-06 and he went 150 yards before he went down. He was already running with a full adrenaline pump when I fired, but still...

Back
Top Bottom