• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I want a 6.5 Creedmoor

Hard to go wrong with either. I have both, but shoot the 6.5 a lot more these days. It's a blast to shoot. I reload, but like Burdy said ammo is getting easier and easier to find, plus the brass is usually easy to sell if you don't reload that will help with ammo costs

Ammo is not hard to get for a 6.5 CM unless you are relegated to shopping at Walmart. As far as 7mm-08 is concerned the larger round carries lower sectional density making the 6.5 a superior hunting round, IMO.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
It's not hard but it's also not as easy and nowhere near the selection there is for 308. 308 also has the military version of itself in mass quantities. if you're a SHTF kinda guy, you're more likely to find a crate of 308 than 6.5. Academy had 3 boxes of 6.5 few days ago. I didn't bother counting the shelf of 308.

It's not hard but it's also not as easy and nowhere near the selection there is for 308. 308 also has the military version of itself in mass quantities. if you're a SHTF kinda guy, you're more likely to find a crate of 308 than 6.5. Academy had 3 boxes of 6.5 few days ago. I didn't bother counting the shelf of 308.
You would think. During the height of the panic buying there was no 5.56, .308, or 9mm anywhere. But you could buy boxes of .243, 5.7x28 and 25-06 all day. It seems that during the SHTF times it's the common calibers that run dry the quickest.

This^^^^ 6.5 is getting easier to find, but as you said, selections are limited, especially if looking for factory match ammo. The only place around me that sells it is Cabela's. Other stores just carry a few boxes of low gr options that I am not interested in. 308 ammo of all types can be readily found at most big box stores and a majority of small LGS'.

You would think. During the height of the panic buying there was no 5.56, .308, or 9mm anywhere. But you could buy boxes of .243, 5.7x28 and 25-06 all day. It seems that during the SHTF times it's the common calibers that run dry the quickest.

last place I would want to be is Academy looking from ammo :)

I went with the savage light weight hunter in 6.5 Creedmoor it's naked weight puts the gun a little over 5.5 lbs shoots sub moa with factory ammo. Can't complain one bit and cabelas has them on sale for $ 499

I went with the savage light weight hunter in 6.5 Creedmoor it's naked weight puts the gun a little over 5.5 lbs shoots sub moa with factory ammo. Can't complain one bit and cabelas has them on sale for $ 499
I had to check that to believe it. Your right, they actually are $499 right now and that is a MONSTER deal on that rifle.

It's a shooter man i bought it Thursday when the sale started I put the cheap 3-9×40 nikon that cabelas also has on sale for $89 and a box of hornady Superformance 129 grain sst and it was a 7/8 group at 100 I can't get the pic to load

Pulled the 3rd shot but still moa and a blast to shoot . 308 vs 6.5 creedmoor In a light weight gun the 308 is a kicker the 6.5 was a breeze to shoot

Attachments

• 20170213_102846.jpg
    20170213_102846.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 6
Ok Guys, I have been researching the 6.5 CM for months now, and decided that I am going to get one. I am at the age now where I don't want to shoot the big magnums, and want to get a nice lower recoil, flat shooting hunting rifle. I think I have looked at all of the offerings, but I want to see if I missed something.

What I would ultimately like to have:
6.5 CM bolt action
24" barrel, but would settle for 22"
hinged floorplate
4 or 5 round capacity
medium to heavy barrel, preferably fluted and free floated
threaded barrel would be nice, so I could put my suppressor on it
wood stock, but don't mind a good synthetic
blued or stainless barrel
nice crisp trigger, with no creep. preferably around a 2 to 2.5 pound pull

So, does anybody have a suggestion? I would like to stay around $1000.00 or less. I am not going to competition shoot, so I want it to look like a hunting rifle.

Thoughts?
I can get you a browning x bolt 6.5 cm with 26 in barrel new in box in a week from a friend of mine. syn blu for $575 I have two and they shoot one in at 100 yds with factory ammo. Check them out.

Back
Top Bottom