I was right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

reklawd

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
2   0
Reaction score
My oldest 8 yo daughter has been in therapy for 6 session now. She has emotional and behavioral issues in our house, mainly around my co parent. My co parent thinks there is something wrong with my daughter. I thought my daughter was coddled and spoiled. My co parent thinks my daughter needs therapy and medication for some type of mental health condition. I said she needs more parental focus and displine. This had been our biggest issue and the cause of so much.

$2K of therapy later, we had our pow wow with the "play doctor."

Her primary conclusion : my daughter is a smart and ambitious person whose "life has been made easy." She said that quote multiple times. She doesn't need a diagnosis. She doesn't need medication.

I was right. I told her so. Every fight,, every change I tried to make.

It doesn't matter. She thinks I'm an asshole. She is entitled be a mother and to a 1/3 of my income tax free for the next 15 years.

None of it makes any sense anymore. I just want to be alone with my kids away from all of this.

Sorry you were going through this. I thought for a while about starting a divorce parenting wisdom thread....

Yes. It's very damn unfair. You probably had to fight like hell just to be in her life. It's not right.

Focus on the long game.
Let your love for your daughter always be more than anything else.

Message me anytime to talk.

Check out DADSTARTINGOVER.com
Read No more Mr Nice guy.
And lately I've been watching a lot of Coach Greg Adams on YouTube.

The quality time you have with your kids is very important.

Sorry you were going through this. I thought for a while about starting a divorce parenting wisdom thread....

Yes. It's very damn unfair. You probably had to fight like hell just to be in her life. It's not right.

Focus on the long game.
Let your love for your daughter always be more than anything else.

Message me anytime to talk.

Check out DADSTARTINGOVER.com
Read No more Mr Nice guy.
And lately I've been watching a lot of Coach Greg Adams on YouTube.

The quality time you have with your kids is very important.

I've been into most of those resources for a while.

I haven't worked since April focusing full time on my kids. The time I spent with my 3 year old doing boy things has been priceless and worth it all.

My dad was a better and more involved father than most, but when I was my sons age he was working 100 hours a week as a small business owner. He realized how much a boy without a father was damaging me at that age and sold it barely breaking even for a corporate job so he could spend more time with me, but that didn't happen til I was 6.

Me hanging out with my 3 year old son full time has been unbelievable. My 6 and 8 year old girls have been great, but shaping his young mind before the rot of the machine sets was worth it. I have years of work to do on my girls but he will be down the right path before he knows any better.

Best thing you can do for them is show them "normal", while the ex is unraveling.

Make sure you start parallel parenting, rather than co parenting. Co does not work if one parent is crazy, domineering, or has control issues.

https://www.2houses.com/en/blog/what-is-parallel-parenting

Back in court with my ex now, had to retake the Fulton Co parenting class (online). Actually really well done this time vs 5 years ago.

They now advocate for parallel parenting most of the time whereas before they pushed co parenting. Most divorced couples cannot work together.

Has your x wife been
I've been into most of those resources for a while.

I haven't worked since April focusing full time on my kids. The time I spent with my 3 year old doing boy things has been priceless and worth it all.

My dad was a better and more involved father than most, but when I was my sons age he was working 100 hours a week as a small business owner. He realized how much a boy without a father was damaging me at that age and sold it barely breaking even for a corporate job so he could spend more time with me, but that didn't happen til I was 6.

Me hanging out with my 3 year old son full time has been unbelievable. My 6 and 8 year old girls have been great, but shaping his young mind before the rot of the machine sets was worth it. I have years of work to do on my girls but he will be down the right path before he knows any better.

diagnosed with BPD?

Best thing you can do for them is show them "normal", while the ex is unraveling.

Make sure you start parallel parenting, rather than co parenting. Co does not work if one parent is crazy, domineering, or has control issues.

https://www.2houses.com/en/blog/what-is-parallel-parenting

Back in court with my ex now, had to retake the Fulton Co parenting class (online). Actually really well done this time vs 5 years ago.

They now advocate for parallel parenting most of the time whereas before they pushed co parenting. Most divorced couples cannot work together.
This is why I post on here. I post anon a lot of places, but the best advice is on the ODT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom