I went all in on a 2023 Porsche 911 Turbo

I would love to own this LS3 997 625HP 560 lb ft of torque:
The engine is mounted on the factory mounting points.

Or this 550HP 997 GT3 with a Subaru Turbo EJ25:

These were both essentially rolling shells that the builders got creative with.
That LS swap sounds slick. V8 performance with 911 handling

8th 911 = must have been very smart work.

mama dont let your babies grow up to turn wrenches lol.
I promise. I have turned a bunch of wrenches.

I think I found around 100 cars (mostly on the side of a house) which I bought, and then I brought back alive. It was sometimes just a clogged fuel filter or a broken transmission. I never bought a car with a bunch of rust.

I am a good shade-tree mechanic and enjoy it as a hobby. There are still stuff out there if you like to work on cars.

I got really good on early Mustangs and early Porsche cars. I could pull out a Mustang V-8 in an hour by knowing the 5 wrenches required. I could drop an older Porsche flat-six in less time (3 wrenches).
----
I understand the history of the Porsche flat-six. I learned it quickly by trial and error. I also figured out the pre-computer Mustang V-8 which was less trail and more effort.

Congratulations nothing like getting to splurge on something you want after putting in the work. That Ga red interior is going to look even nicer after we get another natty!

I promise. I have turned a bunch of wrenches.

I think I found around 100 cars (mostly on the side of a house) which I bought, and then I brought back alive. It was sometimes just a clogged fuel filter or a broken transmission. I never bought a car with a bunch of rust.

I am a good shade-tree mechanic and enjoy it as a hobby. There are still stuff out there if you like to work on cars.

I got really good on early Mustangs and early Porsche cars. I could pull out a Mustang V-8 in an hour by knowing the 5 wrenches required. I could drop an older Porsche flat-six in less time (3 wrenches).
----
I understand the history of the Porsche flat-six. I learned it quickly by trial and error. I also figured out the pre-computer Mustang V-8 which was less trail and more effort.

lol not doubting, was just saying cant get into these just turning a wrench for a living lol. beautiful car though.

The cars today are better than in 1989.

This is my 8th (8 Porsche 911's). . I knew how to adjust the vales on the early ones with mechanical lifters. Like this one:
View attachment 5075850

Best thing I ever did with mine was throw away that Marelli distributor and put in a bosch with twin breaker plates for dual ignition. I later installed a mallory electronic setup..

Back
Top Bottom