• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Idiot Amazon delivering on Sunday at 8pm in an unmarked van!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recently UPS has been delivering between 9-10p and ringing the door bell like he's showing up at a party. Amazon has also been delivering late in unmarked vehicles.

UPS delivered to my house last week at 10pm. I hear they are slammed and don't have the manpower to deliver everything as originally scheduled. Just a heads up to use someone else if you have the choice. Sounds like Amazon may be experiencing much of the same.

I believe it's being called shipocalypse. We're all to blame for Black Friday and Cyber Monday WEEKLY online orders.

Probably the one and only time I'll ever give USPS props but they delivered something today that was scheduled for Monday.

Unmarked white van just drove down our driveway 100' and my doorbell rang at 8pm Sunday in the dark. Not knowing who the hell it was I grabbed my pistol and a bright light and went out the back to come around the front. An unmarked van with headlights on is backing down my driveway so I carefully walked up on it and hit a lady driver with the bright beam as she is stammering in broken English about package at door. REALLY! Turns out it was from Amazon. Morons!

End rant!
So you didn't want your package delivered?

How are they idiots? Did you or someone in your family not order from them? You do realize that they explicitly state that in addition to possible Sunday delivery, attempts will be made until 21:00, and you have the option of leaving delivery instructions so how is it that the woman working weekends and likely with no idea what she's walking into is the idiot?

*Edit* And before the keyboard warriors start talking about possible threats and blah blah blah, why would anyone who is not an idiot give up a vantage point of concealment and threat assessment to approach such unknowns? It's an argument of fallacy.

Amen.

I have an even better rant. I was drinkin beer and watching tv on Friday night at 11:30 and I see lights coming up my driveway. I grabbed my AR and a full combat load and went out the back. I low crawled around the front and that shady bastard was standing on my porch. I yelled to him that I had him in my sights and to drop what he was holding. He dropped the bag and threw his hands up. I made him get prone then cleared his car before approaching him. I asked what the hell he thought he was doin? He said "I'm the delivery driver for Pizza Hut". Turns out I ordered a pizza when I was drankin. I told him he needs to be more careful about where he goes that late at night. I paid him for my pizza but I did not tip him. I told him that I would have given him a tip if he had come at a more reasonable hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom