• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

If the only thing you accept besides cash is PayPal, why?

Why?

• Because people wanted it long ago so I did it. Honestly I hate all this ****.

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • I'd rather do things through a stupid venue as opposed to an easy one.

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Elon Musk is so cool and I want to be a part of anything he ruins; I mean touches.

Votes: 4 28.6%

• Total voters
Yes. But he bought in and saw it rocket right when it became big.

He also wasn't allowed to call it X.com, but I guess he's finally had his way.

They do. And I'm so happy they they didn't canabalize it!

Not gonna lie, I do miss the times I went to their shows.

That's why I love Venmo and zelle. Never paid a dime to Venmo, aqnd zelle is basically bank to bank transfer. PayPal not only charges more than it should, I've had payments held up multiple times even though I used the service frequently and never caused any problems.
That's cool, I just don't participate in ANY establishment that had their reader charges me to buy with a card, I pay cash of check and leave my money in my pocket. Again, I don't care who gets it. You bet your boots I'm a grown man and I know really well how it works. That's how I got to be where I am today.

That's cool, I just don't participate in ANY establishment that had their reader charges me to buy with a card, I pay cash of check and leave my money in my pocket. Again, I don't care who gets it. You bet your boots I'm a grown man and I know really well how it works. That's how I got to be where I am today.
Yessir. I ain't trying to lose even a dollar.

Look at you being all hip and with it!
That's how I roll
Festrunk-Brothers-From-Saturday-Night-Live-147368066.gif

Easy there Nellie Belle this boomer isn't scared of new tech. I pay my bills online, use a credit card, even recently got a cash app that was recommended by another boomer. I still use cash from time to time especially when a discount is applied.
I hear you. Just turned 64. I was using the internet back in the early '80s when you had a black screen and a flashing cursor. Everything was done in DOS commands.

You've been crystal clear. I am honestly a little flabbergasted that grown men don't know how simple commerce works. :ranger:
I'm fairly confident that most normal men, and even women understand....however what is being "sold" here is that the card companies pack the charge....anyone with a brain cell understands that the credit cad companies charge a "fee" my wife had a retail store for many years....she processed card payments daily...what is being "sold" here is that the card company back charges the fee to the consumer, when actually the seller simply states a cash discount, then adds the fee to the charge...so, the processing company/bank is not doing anything else that processing the charge, which the merchant has added the 2.5% fee, or what ever it may be to the charge....It's not rocket science....so, you buy the gun for $500....the seller has already stated that the price is a "cash" price, you agree to allow the merchant to add the fee to the charge, which increases the actual charge to $500 plus the fee...so the charge comes in at the increased amount nothing done by the processer, all done by the merchant....

I'm fairly confident that most normal men, and even women understand....however what is being "sold" here is that the card companies pack the charge....anyone with a brain cell understands that the credit cad companies charge a "fee" my wife had a retail store for many years....she processed card payments daily...what is being "sold" here is that the card company back charges the fee to the consumer, when actually the seller simply states a cash discount, then adds the fee to the charge...so, the processing company/bank is not doing anything else that processing the charge, which the merchant has added the 2.5% fee, or what ever it may be to the charge....It's not rocket science....so, you buy the gun for $500....the seller has already stated that the price is a "cash" price, you agree to allow the merchant to add the fee to the charge, which increases the actual charge to $500 plus the fee...so the charge comes in at the increased amount nothing done by the processer, all done by the merchant....

There are absolutely processing providers that do exactly just that, they charge the individual customers so you don't have to keep up with it. And there are absolutely tons of small businesses using that type of system now. I'm currently swapping to that type of system in the new shop.

You do know not every processing provider does things the same way yours did right?

Back
Top Bottom