• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

If the only thing you accept besides cash is PayPal, why?

Why?

• Because people wanted it long ago so I did it. Honestly I hate all this ****.

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • I'd rather do things through a stupid venue as opposed to an easy one.

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Elon Musk is so cool and I want to be a part of anything he ruins; I mean touches.

Votes: 4 28.6%

• Total voters
I see it alot, and it's usually through a local small businesses that are being charged as such to run the cards

I have never noticed it... I have seen some places put minimums on card transactions, but no retail store I have seen says the price is X and then charges you Y, because of fees. I guess they just bake that into their overhead and consider it the cost of doing business?

The percentage of people walking around with cash, and going to the bank to withdraw cash, is minimal... unless I just sold a gun here, I typically never have cash on me...

She has to pay you to date your son?
I never thought of that!
Damn. Getting old. She's on our cell phone family plan. She pays us for her phone with Zelle. I'm getting old. I complete a thought in my mind, but forget to write it out.

Maybe the confusion is that if we go to Target, or Home Depot or to any other store... the price on the sticker is the price you get charged. If I pick up a cordless drill for $200 and pay with my debit card, I am not charged $206 for the $200 item...

Same with Publix, or Discount Tire, or any other retail store. So the fact that a gun dealer seems to be one of the only places to do this, might be why people don't like it or understand it?

I have not written a check in over a decade... A paper check is the EASIEST way to get scammed or whatever... Here, take this piece of paper with all my bank routing and account into, my name and home address, a copy of my signature and possibly my phone number and sometimes my driver's license number, depending on the store"...

Basically, all the info needed that anyone can write down or snap a pic with their phone and start stealing from me or start identity theft. Pass.
I understand what you are saying but what people fail to realize is that these companies jack the prices up on everything enough so that the fees will be absorbed. The only problem with that is for those paying cash, you are still getting hit with those fees. Smaller businesses like myself try to make it clear what the fees are and not charge them for cash or other payment methods. That is why all my ads state that price reflects cash payment, which is the same for check or payment apps that don't add fees. If you want to use a card, there will be 3% fee added. You pay that anywhere you go, it is just added to the price so you don't see it.

I see it alot, and it's usually through a local small businesses that are being charged as such to run the cards
And that is because of what I said in the last post. Larger business add the fee to the price and everyone pays it, even if using cash. They just mark their products up more to cover the fees and do not give a cash discount. Some offer a cash discount but most don't.

Even restaurants.
Gas stations call it a surcharge.
It's all about the Government letting them do it too. Just another hidden tax than they can get away with, it's the truth like it or not.

Again, I do not add any fees. I don't know how to be any clearer. I have a card terminal that I punch in the amount then either slide or insert the card. The company who does the processing adds 3% to the charge. I do not see that and I have no control over it. Not sure what any of this has to do with the topic of the post to begin with.
I am apparently on someone’s ignore list because I don’t know what you’re replying to and, based on your responses, it’s probably a blessing.

It seems to me that firearms sales can be a very competitive business with people shopping around for the lowest price through online wholesalers. Even Bud’s offers a cash price if people want it as cheap as possible. Pretty common.

Back
Top Bottom