• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

If the only thing you accept besides cash is PayPal, why?

Why?

• Because people wanted it long ago so I did it. Honestly I hate all this ****.

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • I'd rather do things through a stupid venue as opposed to an easy one.

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Elon Musk is so cool and I want to be a part of anything he ruins; I mean touches.

Votes: 4 28.6%

• Total voters
You get every dime that is charged to my credit card, When I get a statement from my credit card company it says x amount is paid to you. It does not separate and say we charged you 3% to process this. I don’t know how you day you don’t get that extra money. Maybe your machine charges you that and it’s passed on to the customer but AGAIN my card company does not charge me. If I use my credit card and agree to pay that fee, myself or my credit card company does not get that fee. If they did they would have to state that in my statement. Do you understand that part. So it’s your card processing company that’s getting the extra money that You use. Not my company. Hopefully you understand the procedures now. You may not get it but you’re card reader company or the bank you use imposes these fees.

You get every dime that is charged to my credit card, When I get a statement from my credit card company it says x amount is paid to you. It does not separate and say we charged you 3% to process this. I don’t know how you day you don’t get that extra money. Maybe your machine charges you that and it’s passed on to the customer but AGAIN my card company does not charge me. If I use my credit card and agree to pay that fee, myself or my credit card company does not get that fee. If they did they would have to state that in my statement. Do you understand that part. So it’s your card processing company that’s getting the extra money that You use. Not my company. Hopefully you understand the procedures now. You may not get it but you’re card reader company or the bank you use imposes these fees.
So now I am a liar as well as a cheat? I explained to you exactly how my processor works. There are literally hundreds of credit card processors out there and they are not all the same. I have used others in the past that did things differently. The one I use now is Valor Paytech, through Armourpay and I get none of that. I punch in a certain amount, it adds 3%. In a day or two I get the money deposited to my account minus their fees. As I explained in the earlier example, if I type in $500, your card gets charged $515 and that is the amount shown on your receipt. When the funds are deposited to my account, it is $500. I never said anything about your credit card company charging you. It is the processor that charges the fee. Not me, not your card company. None of that has anything to do with your complaint. You said that you don't feel like you should have to pay the fees. Well, someone has to pay it and it sure isn't going to be me. There is not enough profit in this business for me to pay fees that are solely for your convenience. As I said earlier, if you do not want to be charged that fee then pay cash, write a check or use a payment app that doesn't charge a fee. There are plenty of them out there.

R.26c2e220676973f39eedeaf80cba1b5d

My son's girlfriend has been paying us with Zelle for years. I didn't know what it was or it was until my wife mentioned it. I'm old school ebay from 2001. That's the reason I used it in the past. Now can do Zelle.
She has to pay you to date your son?
I never thought of that!

How much should I have to be penalized for your supporting business?
So now I am a liar as well as a cheat? I explained to you exactly how my processor works. They are not all the same. I have used others in the past that did things differently. The one I use now is Valor Paytech, through Armourpay and I get none of that. I punch in a certain amount, it adds 3%. In a day or two I get the money deposited to my account minus their fees. As I explained in the earlier example, if I type in $500, your card gets charged $515 and that is the amount shown on your receipt. When the funds are deposited to my account, it is $500. I never said anything about your credit card company charging you. It is the processor that charges the fee. Not me, not your card company. None of that has anything to do with your complaint. You said that you don't feel like you should have to pay the fees. Well, someone has to pay it and it sure isn't going to be me. There is not enough profit in this business for me to pay fees that are solely for your convenience. As I said earlier, if you do not want to be charged that fee then pay cash, write a check or use a payment app that doesn't charge a fee. There are plenty of them out there.
No sir I never called you that, so don't put words out there that I don't say. I have purchased a lot of guns and one that comes to mind is Alexander's in Blairsville, and they have never charged any type of fee like that. That being said I just use different folks that don't invoke that charging system. Does Walmart charge you that fee every time you go there?
Have a great day.

So now I am a liar as well as a cheat? I explained to you exactly how my processor works. There are literally hundreds of credit card processors out there and they are not all the same. I have used others in the past that did things differently. The one I use now is Valor Paytech, through Armourpay and I get none of that. I punch in a certain amount, it adds 3%. In a day or two I get the money deposited to my account minus their fees. As I explained in the earlier example, if I type in $500, your card gets charged $515 and that is the amount shown on your receipt. When the funds are deposited to my account, it is $500. I never said anything about your credit card company charging you. It is the processor that charges the fee. Not me, not your card company. None of that has anything to do with your complaint. You said that you don't feel like you should have to pay the fees. Well, someone has to pay it and it sure isn't going to be me. There is not enough profit in this business for me to pay fees that are solely for your convenience. As I said earlier, if you do not want to be charged that fee then pay cash, write a check or use a payment app that doesn't charge a fee. There are plenty of them out there.

Maybe the confusion is that if we go to Target, or Home Depot or to any other store... the price on the sticker is the price you get charged. If I pick up a cordless drill for $200 and pay with my debit card, I am not charged $206 for the $200 item...

Same with Publix, or Discount Tire, or any other retail store. So the fact that a gun dealer seems to be one of the only places to do this, might be why people don't like it or understand it?

I have not written a check in over a decade... A paper check is the EASIEST way to get scammed or whatever... Here, take this piece of paper with all my bank routing and account into, my name and home address, a copy of my signature and possibly my phone number and sometimes my driver's license number, depending on the store"...

Basically, all the info needed that anyone can write down or snap a pic with their phone and start stealing from me or start identity theft. Pass.

Maybe the confusion is that if we go to Target, or Home Depot or to any other store... the price on the sticker is the price you get charged. If I pick up a cordless drill for $200 and pay with my debit card, I am not charged $206 for the $200 item...

Same with Publix, or Discount Tire, or any other retail store. So the fact that a gun dealer seems to be one of the only places to do this, might be why people don't like it or understand it?

I have not written a check in over a decade... A paper check is the EASIEST way to get scammed or whatever... Here, take this piece of paper with all my bank routing and account into, my name and home address, a copy of my signature and possibly my phone number and sometimes my driver's license number, depending on the store"...

Basically, all the info needed that anyone can write down or snap a pic with their phone and start stealing from me or start identity theft. Pass.
I see it alot, and it's usually through a local small businesses that are being charged as such to run the cards

Back
Top Bottom