If you absolutely must have a G19

Capitalism is unfettered commerce. When the founding law document (The Constitution) regulates it (interstate commerce clause) and then 20,000 laws are passed to control it I can no longer use the word unfettered or capitalism.

I have now decided to use the word "unfettered" in my staff meeting this afternoon.

$569 must be a magic number. Found a new local gun store that had a police trade in G23 with a aftermarket .357 Sig Barrel for $569. I just laughed as I made my exit.

i sure could, but i am not going to. :)
part of the problem with the current (scalping/overpriced) market is a false sense of availability, only made worse by idiots posting where to get something reasonably priced...which then ends up here and other places at inflated pricing. One way i combat this false market/scalping thing is not to post where i can find anything currently.

But, fact is i was at a store yesterday that had $499 glocks on the shelf.
bullllll sheeeeeeet!!

I sure could, but I am not going to. :)
Part of the problem with the current (scalping/overpriced) market is a false sense of availability, only made worse by idiots posting where to get something reasonably priced...which then ends up here and other places at inflated pricing. One way I combat this false market/scalping thing is not to post where I can find anything currently.

But, fact is I was at a store yesterday that had $499 Glocks on the shelf.

I am merely playing Devils advocate.....I have seen 3 of them in the past 4 days at 2 different shops for that $499 price point. The point I am making is that most people don't have the time to check out different shops everyday to find what they want. BTW...those $499 G19's are typically gone within 2 hours of hitting the shelf, meaning most people cannot get them.

If I pay a price for a NIB gun and someone else wants to buy it, I am not likely to sell it for the exact price I paid. It took me time, and time is money, to find it and more time and fuel to make a meet to sell or trade it. That extra $65 profit for a $600 Glock gets eaten up pretty fast with gas and time factored in.

Now, the $569 at a retail store is likely taking advantage of the current supply limitations. I personally will not spend my money on shops that do this but some people do. He could have seen inflated prices from his supplier but that is doubtful given that other retailers are at standard pricing.

BTW....I have a box of Twinkies for $50 if anyone is interested. :tongue:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom