• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

If you could have 2 revolvers what would they be?

Taurus 608, 8 shot 357 Magnum
taurus608.jpg

Ruger Redhawk 45 Colt (Really wish I could find an older 5.5")
redhawk45.jpg

I have had several revolvers - Ruger GP100 357mag, and 10-shot 22lr, Single Six Convertible 22lr/22mag, Redhawk 44mag, Super Redhawk 454, S&W 617 22lr, qty (2) 629 44mag, 627 357mag, 327 357 mag, Taurus, Rossi, etc..

From all of those my 1st pick would be the S&W 327 performance center. I carry it from time to time. It is a light weight, 8-shot, 357mag. The 2nd one would probably be the S&W 629 performance center just because it is so cool. The S&W 627 performance center could possibly slide into 2nd place on any given day.

Damn that's a tough one!
I'd have to go with a S&W Model 66 with a 4" barrel and a Ruger Super Redhawk in .454 with a 7 1/2 barrel.
Amongst them all, they are the most fun to shoot!
IMG_0253.JPG

I wouldn't carry the full-sized gun daily, so I would not want the 4" barrel.
Be it a K-frame Smith, and N-frame Smith, a Colt snake gun, a Colt Trooper, a Ruger, or a Taurus-- I'd want a 6" barrel. Still short enough to carry in a hip holster, but long enough to make it significantly more accurate (practical accuracy, due primarily to the longer sight radius-- in a Ransom rest it probably would not change accuracy much).

The small gun should be a J-frame or similar with a 2" to 3" barrel.
I'd prefer a 3" barrel with a full-length ejection rod, big colorful sights, and Crimson Trace laser-grips.

For concealed carry there is literally no better revolver than the Ruger LCR.

I know the J-frame fanboys will recoil in horror at that, but the LCR has a better trigger, less felt recoil, more caliber options (22LR -> 9mm -> 357 Mag) and is generally cheaper than the equivalent Smith.

Don't get me wrong... I love the looks of the classic steel snubbies, but for real-world carry the LCR is the best small revolver out there... period.

:behindsofa:

You were supposed to show off that RM...

:boink:

Back
Top Bottom