• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

If you could have 2 revolvers what would they be?

1 target/safe queen and 1 concealed carry/BUG

I'm going to add a revolver to my collection at some point in time; not in the market at the moment but always like to plan ahead. I'm pretty much set on a S&W 686 probably a 4" maybe a 6" not sure. I dont know much about them. I know Colt Snake guns are the cream of the crop and that the Smith and Wesson 686 is probably the next best thing. So I figured I would ask you guys who are more experienced in the area.

Pictures of the different models would help if you could.
Even though I have 2 snake guns left. They are highly overrated IMO. Hard to beat a 686 or 629 pre lock. I do, however know of 2 snake guns that a guy just might sell or trade for some nice Smith and Wesson pre lock awesomness.

I have a hard time deciding on number 1 but I guess I will go 27-2 in 4"
Number 2 would be a 19-3 snub.
20170430_174702_resized.jpg
19-3 snub.jpg

4" 586 and 2" 60. It would be a tough decision. I would have a hard time letting my 3" 65 and my 642 go. I just think the two would cover all my bases. The 60 for carry and the 586 when I need to feel good about myself.

For concealed carry there is literally no better revolver than the Ruger LCR.

I know the J-frame fanboys will recoil in horror at that, but the LCR has a better trigger, less felt recoil, more caliber options (22LR -> 9mm -> 357 Mag) and is generally cheaper than the equivalent Smith.

Don't get me wrong... I love the looks of the classic steel snubbies, but for real-world carry the LCR is the best small revolver out there... period.

:behindsofa:

For concealed carry there is literally no better revolver than the Ruger LCR.

I know the J-frame fanboys will recoil in horror at that, but the LCR has a better trigger, less felt recoil, more caliber options (22LR -> 9mm -> 357 Mag) and is generally cheaper than the equivalent Smith.

Don't get me wrong... I love the looks of the classic steel snubbies, but for real-world carry the LCR is the best small revolver out there... period.

:behindsofa:
I never could get used to the reset on the LCR

Back
Top Bottom