• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I'll go ahead and post this. Cops arrest guy with camera phone & kill his dog

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dooley had 3 great years at UGA and that is it...and if it wasn't for Walker, he wouldn't have a ring. He also has less of a winning percentage than Richt.

Richt has done more in his first 12 years at UGA than Dooley did in his.

Dooley had a losing bowl record at UGA. Richt does not.

Facts are hard to swallow sometimes.
I agree.....

And this folks, is the result of 100 years of government education brainwashing.

I'd say apparently the only person who the public education system has failed in this conversation is you, considering you can't even grasp the idea that freedom of speech is not absolute.

Might be best to go bark up another tree now. You have absolutely no legit retort left and frankly, I've grown tired of having to correct you in every response you post.

Last edited:

Reading and comprehension are not your strong points. Where in this thread did I ever say that videotaping a police officer is against the law?

Let me type it in big bold letter so it is easier to read.............

IF YOU CROSS A POLICE PERIMETER THAT IS SET UP FOR AN INVESTIGATION LIKE IN THE STORY AND ARE ASKED TO LEAVE AND YOU REFUSE TO DO SO, YOU CAN BE ARRESTED FOR OBSTRUCTION OF JUSTICE.

Not once did I ever say the guy deserved to be arrested for videotaping police. I said he deserved to be arrested for ignoring a lawful order to leave the scene of an active police investigation.

But I tell you what, since you and a few others think you're right on this and the cops in the video are wrong, why don't you go ahead and the next time you see a cop on the side of the road giving someone a ticket, jump out of your car, begin cursing him out and act like a fool. When he tells you to leave the scene, continue to ignore him and continue cursing at him. Let's see how far that gets you.

Shouldn't be a problem for you brave little soldiers, should it? Go on, go out there and do it today and try and prove me wrong.

Last edited:
So tell me where I'm wrong then. Here's a hint....you can't. Because I'm right...freedom of speech in this country is limited.

I would suggest going and barking up a new tree now, because at this point, I've already made my point and you have absolutely no legit retort left.

You sure are having a difficult time discerning the difference between something you can do, and something you shouldn't do.

Not to mention that huge ego that makes it impossible for you to have a conversation with anyone about a subject because by God you have a piece of paper from UGA that says "I have a Master's degree so I must be smarter." If you dropped the sarcasm from your posts, then maybe you could engage folks civilly. You know listening is a part of having a conversation.

I was simply pointing out the error in your statement regarding free speech as it pertains to this situation. Cussing a cop is not against the law. It's not real smart, but it is not unlawful and it is not obstruction. An example is UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, v. NOLAN L. POOCHA, in which Judge Stephen Reinhardt wrote for the 2-1 majority that, "criticism of the police, profane or otherwise, is not a crime."

You then went on to insinuate that videotaping a police office while performing there duties in public is also a crime. Again, the courts have ruled this is also protected by the 1st amendment. See the above post for case law.

Reading and comprehension are not your strong points. Where in this thread did I ever say that videotaping a police officer is against the law?

IF YOU CROSS A POLICE PERIMETER THAT IS SET UP FOR AN INVESTIGATION LIKE IN THE STORY AND ARE ASKED TO LEAVE AND YOU REFUSE TO DO SO, YOU CAN BE ARRESTED FOR OBSTRUCTION OF JUSTICE.

Not once did I ever say the guy deserved to be arrested for videotaping police. I said he deserved to be arrested for ignoring a lawful order to leave the scene of an active police investigation.

But I tell you what, since you and a few others think you're right on this and the cops in the video are wrong, why don't you go ahead and the next time you see a cop on the side of the road giving someone a ticket, jump out of your car, begin cursing him out and act like a fool. When he tells you to leave the scene, continue to ignore him and continue cursing at him. Let's see how far that gets you.

Shouldn't be a problem for you brave little soldiers, should it? Go on, go out there and do it today and try and prove me wrong.

:sigh:

Carry on, it's really not worth the effort to try any correct your misunderstanding, you're blinded by ego.

I didn't see anything resembling a perimeter. No officers spread every so often, no tape, no baricades, no cones, nada. Then I have to consider the cars as the perimeter (circle the wagons and all), the guy didn't go inside, he was at the back of the patrol cars. @ Mtber please point out this boundary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom