• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I'll go ahead and post this. Cops arrest guy with camera phone & kill his dog

Status
Not open for further replies.
No arrogance and definitely not ignorant. I understand boundaries especially when involving police....and if I lived in California, I definitely would avoid any and all confrontation with them.

That is smart. But "boundaries" do not necessarily have the rule of law.

The guy is definitely a dumbass and a jerk. That does not make putting him in handcuffs ok.

What do you think they would have done if he had gotten in his car and left?

good thing ur not a cop, we'd all be shot for running our mouths

This owners actions got his dog killed....I treated my last dog like family and am an animal lover....My dog came to my shop 6 days a week with me and I trusted and protected her like I did one of my own...this guys neglect in securing a dog like that is an issue....he didn't have to escalate the situation....did not have to involve himself in the way he did....

we don't know what he was shouting at the cops....we just they approached with caution AFTER he drew attention to HIMSELF....he ENGAGED the cops...failed to secure his dog...and sadly the dog lost its life due to this twatwaffles actions.....

Mtber - let me pose a scenario to you. Cop is working drug interdiction at Miami airport. Guy walks by him and fits the profile of as drug dealer, 100%. Seems a bit nervous. Cop says, "hey, come here." Guy says no and cusses the cop. Cop arrests him for obstruction. Drugs are found on him. What should happen?

The guy walking by fits the profile of a specific drug dealer or just looks like a drug dealer based on some preconceived notion of what one might think a drug dealer looks like?

And are you trying to directly compare the above scenario with what happened in California? Because those are two different scenarios all together. Dog owner in California refused to leave the scene of an active investigation. He wasn't suspected of anything and didn't fit any profile as far as I know.

Last edited:
This owners actions got his dog killed....I treated my last dog like family and am an animal lover....My dog came to my shop 6 days a week with me and I trusted and protected her like I did one of my own...this guys neglect in securing a dog like that is an issue....he didn't have to escalate the situation....did not have to involve himself in the way he did....

we don't know what he was shouting at the cops....we just they approached with caution AFTER he drew attention to HIMSELF....he ENGAGED the cops...failed to secure his dog...and sadly the dog lost its life due to this twatwaffles actions.....

Engaging the cops does not give probable cause for arrest.

- - - Updated - - -

The guy walking by fits the profile of a specific drug dealer or just looks like a drug dealer based on some preconceived notion of what one might think a drug dealer looks like?

Just fits the profile. Not of any known suspect.

- - - Updated - - -

I never said he was being arrested.....questioned and detained...sure....

I can't speak to the actions that caused the cops to go talk to this guy...
I do know that I watched the same two cops walk across the street in a nonchalant manner and walk AWAY from the guy...while he filmed them
He walked TOWARDS LEO and can be seen yelling at them...He ENGAGED THEM..
I don't know what he said or did....just what I could see on tape...

I just watched a sad video of a dog that was killed that didn't have to be....I just don't blame the cops for it....I blame the dog owner...

- - - Updated - - -

I never said he was being arrested.....questioned and detained...sure....

I can't speak to the actions that caused the cops to go talk to this guy...
I do know that I watched the same two cops walk across the street in a nonchalant manner and walk AWAY from the guy...while he filmed them
He walked TOWARDS LEO and can be seen yelling at them...He ENGAGED THEM..
I don't know what he said or did....just what I could see on tape...

I just watched a sad video of a dog that was killed that didn't have to be....I just don't blame the cops for it....I blame the dog owner...

I don't blame them for killing the dog. They might could have used non lethal force, but they definitely were in peril.

I don't blame them for killing the dog. They might could have used non lethal force, but they definitely were in peril.

I guess I am a bit different in that I tend not to second guess someone else in a situation like that....I would suppose that he could have reached for OC spray, or a taser.....but for me personally, I know I probably would have done the same thing....Given the LOYAL nature of a dog I would surmise that the will of a dog is much harder to break than that of most humans....that being said....I would not want to test the limits of a dog this size will to protect his master.....

In this case, I feel it was the master's obligation to protect his dog....not the other way around.

Just fits the profile. Not of any known suspect.

If he were just merely walking by and the cops wanted to speak with him and he began cursing them and saying no, then I would imagine that would send up red flags that something fishy was going on. However, I don't know that the police could establish probable cause to arrest him (that's probably a better question for one of our LEOs here) if the guy kept moving along and didn't hang around being a jackass.

However, if there was an active investigation going on and the guy who was walking by starts being obnoxious and unruly and the police tell him he needs to move back because an active investigation is going on and he is interfering with it and he chooses not to do so, then yes, he deserves whatever he gets since he refuses to comply.

Does said profiled drug dealer have a known criminal past and known altercations with that particular police department? That would probably come into play as well...at least based on how the police might treat him/her.

Last edited:
yep "facts" alright

Dooley had 3 great years at UGA and that is it...and if it wasn't for Walker, he wouldn't have a ring. He also has less of a winning percentage than Richt.

Richt has done more in his first 12 years at UGA than Dooley did in his.

Dooley had a losing bowl record at UGA. Richt does not.

Facts are hard to swallow sometimes.

I don't have to qualify it. You are the one that made the initial statement that you could say anything you wanted.

You just happened to not understand what I meant until after it was explained to you. You learned something new today.

And this folks, is the result of 100 years of government education brainwashing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom