• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

"I'll take it." Actually, no... you won't.

"I'll take it" - "Dibs" - "sold" don't mean anything until details are worked out and agreed to. An "I'll take it" cannot be binding on the seller because it sure ain't binding on the buyer.

People need to not get their feelings hurt (easy to say right?). I got accused by a guy of not selling to him due to someone offering me more $$$$, when in fact I sold it for the price (very good price) I asked but to a different buyer. I got 2 PMs at the same time. 1 guy (who posted "I'll take it") started asking about me coming to him and what else I would include on an already great price and another guy PMed "I'll take it" and said he would come right to me and no conditions or questions. "I'll take it" in the thread is not magic.
No way for a seller to know this if they haven't dealt with me but if I say "I'll take it" that means I accept your terms and agree to pay what you are asking. I don't ask a lot of questions unless the picture was taken with a potato phone.

IMG_20170516_093918.jpg
Heck, I can't remember what I wore yesterday.

So, I'm a newb here, haven't gotten around to a much-needed safe cleaning. Still trying to figure ODT etiquette so I don't pizzoff anyone. I have responded by PM to a few Want To Buy ads for items.
Almost everyone has been polite and responsive, but a couple of guys, jeez. I usually wait a couple of days cause stuff happens and everyone's not on here continuously. One guy didn't want item after pics sent, OK. Contacts me again a month later, starts negotiating, agree to a price, definitely wants it, just has to check with wife. WTF?? Never heard from him again. Turns out he's already got two hits for backing out of sales.
Rant over, back to your scheduled programming.

So, I'm a newb here, haven't gotten around to a much-needed safe cleaning. Still trying to figure ODT etiquette so I don't pizzoff anyone. I have responded by PM to a few Want To Buy ads for items.
Almost everyone has been polite and responsive, but a couple of guys, jeez. I usually wait a couple of days cause stuff happens and everyone's not on here continuously. One guy didn't want item after pics sent, OK. Contacts me again a month later, starts negotiating, agree to a price, definitely wants it, just has to check with wife. WTF?? Never heard from him again. Turns out he's already got two hits for backing out of sales.

99.9% are great! Love these guys! Watch for negs. They got negs for a good reason most of the time. Some are questionable but a person with 2 negs or more??? Buyer or seller beware.

if he has to 'check with the wife' he does not have the authority to enter into a contract. I'd tell him to bugger off.

Back
Top Bottom