I'll take it or I trade you

I'm new to the site, so I don't know the good ole days. I do enjoy the site, other then missing the things I want by an hour. LOL My first attempt to contact someone was a few days ago. He had two items I wanted. He said that I could meet him Sunday. Cool! Then he followed up with this:

"i apologize, but I responded to your message in error. I currently have someone interested in both guns and I though this was his reply. I was not paying attention as I was interrupted by a few phone calls. Currently he has offered $210 for both. I could cancel with him if you wanted to offer a little more. If not then I will let you know if he took both or not.

I apologize for for the confusion."

First come first serve, not an issue, mistakes happen. Yet he would kick the other guy to the curb if I offered more? I kindly said he could let the other gentleman have it as it was the right thing to do.

Yep, had it happen a couple of times. Funny thing is when I mentioned it in another thread one of the more respected members insinuated that stuff like that never happens.

Yes Sir in my opinion he was just trying to get you to commit to more money. That is exactly how I would have handled it .

Based on the comments in your feedback, I know I can't be the only person wondering which person you're talking about?

One, newbie mod flexing those muscles. We have some very fine mods like Ken, and Soviet, but a newer one got a little carried away.

Ahhh, so this could be why some threads get closed and others get moved, while other threads that obviously belong in a different sub-forum stay in the higher traffic areas.

Yep, had it happen a couple of times. Funny thing is when I mentioned it in another thread one of the more respected members insinuated that stuff like that never happens.

N C N that "respected member" needs to get real. Of course it happens, I am sorry to say. But don't think it is a recent problem, there have been "issues" since the month this site opened. And some of the members back then, did not want "outsiders". What you mention now, happened then. Maybe not as many, but there were fewer members then also.

Back
Top Bottom