• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

**I'M DONE WITH IT**And the odyssey continues. Christensen 338LM.

After everyone bugged out on Sunday, I finally had a chance to shoot.

Sighted in 2 rifles plus ran the DRD Tactical Kivaari .338 Lapua to 1800yds. Tried to go further, but none of the folks I had with me were up to the task spotter-wise.

Wind isn't nothing but a thing......if you've had the training and experience to dope it correctly!

One of my students shot late on Sunday with her bolt-action .308 (custom build on a Rem700 action, built by Jeff Walker, using M118LR). I got her on target at 1235yds, although it did take a bit of left wind to get on steel. Got her on target and then she had multiple hits.

How far do you want to shoot? How far would be acceptable and how far would be the most in your comfort zone?
At least 1500 yards, but I don't know how much further I can push it. Finding that out is one of the goals. The limiting factors would be the amount of stability the bullet I'm using will retain as it goes transonic and how much elevation adjustment I can get from the scope and reticle use.

At least 1500 yards, but I don't know how much further I can push it. Finding that out is one of the goals. The limiting factors would be the amount of stability the bullet I'm using will retain as it goes transonic and how much elevation adjustment I can get from the scope and reticle use.
I'll check with my neighbor and see if there's a day we could shoot. He's big into log range .

Back
Top Bottom