• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Im pretty sure im about to start an ODT fire lol...

I skimmed the beginning and the end. That's way too much to read. But in short the thing that has prevented me from getting one are the two things you mention: high cost of weapon and ammo as well as limited availability. The cost of either won't come down, until production (and driven by demand) increases.

I'm not saying it is a better choice . I don't carry mine . I carry a 9mm. The debate was really about is it suitable for sd and carry use. My answer is yes. Is it more practical than the big 3? Not only no but hell no.

The five seven has its use. I keep mine close by as home invasions with individuals wearing body armor is not uncommon . I keep a ps90 in my trunk as it allows me to walk away from my car with a lot of firepower and lot less weight

You are one of the only few to actually read my questions and answer them! Most other "answers" are irrelevant or inconclusive.

well what one desires and buys is that persons choice.
WE can continue to churn out these new super calibers almost weekly but in the end do they do anything that some other caliber already out there do better?
depends on what better means to the buyer?
Look at the ever popular 40 S & W, there were several calibers already in existence that are almost blue print identical in performance but for some reason we needed that one.
same with the 45 GAP Now who thought that baby up?
basically a ballstically identical cartridge to the 45 acp?
the list goes on and on.
build it and a certain number of "I gotta have one" guys will buy it.

I wholeheartedly disagree with so much of this..

-Without "churning out new... (anything)" wed still be in the stone age...
-40 is great sure, but that doesnt really answer anything I asked
-45GAP DOES in fact have different everything than 45ACP minus the projectile size/shape/weight. Different pressure, different velocity, smaller package, and better terminal ballistics... That was the entire purpose, Glock acted on the concern that 45ACP was too big and slow. The successfully made a more effectively sized version with higher velocities. I guess 45ACP was simply too wide spread, easy to find, reasonably priced, and popular to be reckoned with.

I skimmed the beginning and the end. That's way too much to read. But in short the thing that has prevented me from getting one are the two things you mention: high cost of weapon and ammo as well as limited availability. The cost of either won't come down, until production (and driven by demand) increases.

Do I also need to TLDR every comment lol?! I get the cost though. Its not THAT much but its not convenient either.

Back
Top Bottom