• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Im pretty sure im about to start an ODT fire lol...

Unjustified how?

Great quality and reliable guns in both poly and metal are available in many brands and for a variety of calibers. FN costs more and eats ammo that costs more. IMHO, FN guns have nothing above and beyond those of other great quality manufacturers that would justify their premium price.

Last edited:
TLDR: 5.7 is to expensive and not made by enough manufacturers. If it one day becomes more widely available then we can talk about it, until then 9mm hydrashocks will do just fine.

Stopping power isn't real.

ms-word_1475356a.jpg

TLDR: 5.7 is to expensive and not made by enough manufacturers. If it one day becomes more widely available then we can talk about it, until then 9mm hydrashocks will do just fine.

Fair enough. One of the most reasonable answers Ive gotten so far. And you at least read the TLDRs lol!

I wholeheartedly disagree with so much of this..

-Without "churning out new... (anything)" wed still be in the stone age...
-40 is great sure, but that doesnt really answer anything I asked
-45GAP DOES in fact have different everything than 45ACP minus the projectile size/shape/weight. Different pressure, different velocity, smaller package, and better terminal ballistics... That was the entire purpose, Glock acted on the concern that 45ACP was too big and slow. The successfully made a more effectively sized version with higher velocities. I guess 45ACP was simply too wide spread, easy to find, reasonably priced, and popular to be reckoned with.

Possibly in your world but I don't think so in the real world!
ballistically almost identical if comparing same weight/type projectiles, Very simply if you push the same weight/ diameter projectile at the same velocity then you get the same basic performance, there should be no disagreement on that.
Pressures they operate at are virtually identical, as for a smaller package you are comparing a OAL of 45 GAP at 1.137== the 45 ACp is 1.275, not much difference at all.
as the magazines are the same size or near then that's what the gun has to fit around.
The reason they are hard to find its another cartridge that is in search of solution where there is no problem.

WOW! some of you Guys live in some really, really .really bad areas!
I mean so much worry about PCP/ Crack addicts walking around in large numbers attacking people.
I saw maybe, I say maybe 3 occasions of this in 32 years of public safety in the worst sections of Atlanta.
Course it could happen, course you could pop a couple pills in the legs or hips as well, a broke leg tends to slow most anyone down greatly.
seems most all self defense discussion eventually end up at this same point for some reason.

WOW! some of you Guys live in some really, really .really bad areas!
I mean so much worry about PCP/ Crack addicts walking around in large numbers attacking people.
I saw maybe, I say maybe 3 occasions of this in 32 years of public safety in the worst sections of Atlanta.
Course it could happen, course you could pop a couple pills in the legs or hips as well, a broke leg tends to slow most anyone down greatly.
seems most all self defense discussion eventually end up at this same point for some reason.

This is not a self defense discussion. Its a discussion about the 5.7. I was joking when it comes to crack cocaine. Lighten up.

Back
Top Bottom