• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

In The Market For A New Truck...

All are good to go but the 5.3 will be the slowest and hate the tires the most. The 5.0 will be best on fuel if you get one with the 10-speed automatic and has way more power than it’s displacement would suggest. The 5.7 is a strong motor but likes fuel and is still only a 6-speed. 6.2 is a beast but kinda rare.

Good luck!

I like the idea of the 6.2 just because it's a monstrous motor with the most HP out of the box..... also doesn't hurt that the truck looks mean haha. My father-in-law has a '17 Tundra with the 5.7 in it and it's a great truck from what I can tell, I just don't know if it's THE truck. The fuel consumption is the real kicker on those for me.

I think you should get a Prius.

I can see it now.....

65506544aea594d3f5ae9a85c77b8231.jpg

I like the idea of the 6.2 just because it's a monstrous motor with the most HP out of the box..... also doesn't hurt that the truck looks mean haha. My father-in-law has a '17 Tundra with the 5.7 in it and it's a great truck from what I can tell, I just don't know if it's THE truck. The fuel consumption is the real kicker on those for me.

How much gas mileage are the yota's getting? 4x4?

I shutter at the thought of a Tundra's mpg with 35s on it..... from what I've heard people get an average of 12-13 mpg with that rig. Wouldn't be passing up too many gas stations haha.

MY 2016 F150 4X4 WITH 5.0 IS GETTING 20 TO 22 HWY WITH 6 SPEED AUTO AND 4 DOOR CAB . ! GOT 2011 WITH 211000 4X4 4 DOOR STILL GOING STRONG WITH NOTHING BUT SERVICE EVERY 5000 MILES USES QUART OIL BETWEEN CHANGES. FORD IS WAY TO GO !

After months of research on line, talking with friends and looking at their trucks and test driving every model multiple times I went with a 2018 F150 4 door with the 5.0 coyote and 10 speed transmission. I chose the XLT model because I didn’t want leather seating and I also got the 4x4 option and towing package. I couldn’t be happier with my choice. I am averaging between 16.4 - 17.2 mpg around town and 17.6 - 21.1 on the highway. Just depends how heavy my foot is. It’s quiet, comfortable and has plenty of power. I tend to hold on to my vehicles a long time and my last truck was a 2004 4dr Nissan Titan with a 5.6 V8 (man was that engine thirsty). After 15 years I wanted another truck that I felt would be with me into my 70’s and felt the Ford was the best choice for me.

The Tundra 5.7 is a strong motor, but gas mileage definitely isnt a selling point. Despite that, a lot of people still buy and love them, myself included. I just picked up a low mileage 2015 last month and my only complaint is that the 38 gallon gas tank wasn't available on the 2015s. So far, I'm averaging around 16mpg on the highway with stock TRD 4x4 crewcab.

Ultimately its your decision to make. I picked a Tundra over the others for specific reasons that are mine. Every other truck had things I didnt like about them. Only thing I didnt like on Tundra was gas mileage. Drive them all and see what you like and dont like about each. Just have to figure out which one best fits what you are looking for.

I have a '15 Tundra double cab 4x4. One thing to know up front is there isn't much room for 35's without doing a cab mount chop. It's a common mod on Tundras and Tacomas to fit larger tires.

Mine has 275/60R20's which should amount to about 34" tires and there's just a little room left, but no scrubbing at all.

The 5.7L 3UR is 381hp/401torque and reportedly gets 301hp to the wheels. the Magnuson supercharger takes it to 500/550 and it's the same blower that used to be the TRD blower, should you need that kind of thing (at $7K).

Mileage on mine with my often heavy foot (I like to be in front, or with the rest of the crowd far behind me) is 13.5-14 city, maybe 16 hwy.

Towing capacity with the 4x4 is around 9200-9600 pounds.

I've had the tires spin at 50mph with traction control on in the rain.

Back
Top Bottom