• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

In The Market For A New Truck...

The tundra if your wanting it to actually last past 150,000 miles... all others are fine if you don’t mind dumping thousands into your truck to keep it running
7615A1A4-5E50-43D7-80AC-A53A1BE9C795.jpeg

Reactions: MRM
That's simply not true any more. I sold Toyota's for a while, we had 8 Tundra's on the lot we were not allowed to sell because of rear frame rust ( coating was not applied correctly). New Tacoma's had bad cams that would break in half when towing any significant weight, the list goes on and on. I still have an 05 Tundra I keep on my dad's farm, but my daily is 2016 F150. 80,000 miles and all I do is change the oil.

That's simply not true any more. I sold Toyota's for a while, we had 8 Tundra's on the lot we were not allowed to sell because of rear frame rust ( coating was not applied correctly). New Tacoma's had bad cams that would break in half when towing any significant weight, the list goes on and on. I still have an 05 Tundra I keep on my dad's farm, but my daily is 2016 F150. 80,000 miles and all I do is change the oil.
The fact that you think 80k miles is a lot says it all... these tundras will go 300k-500k miles.... and towing with a Tacoma??? what on earth r u talking about

The fact that you think 80k miles is a lot says it all... these tundras will go 300k-500k miles.... and towing with a Tacoma??? what on earth r u talking about

My F250 had 270 on it when I sold it for 10k. My sons 02 F150 has 290k on it. I did have to replace the engine at 250k but that was because 16 year old can’t be bothered with stuff like oil changes and checking the oil.

My 2014 Tacoma which I loved did have the driveshaft fall apart in a Walmart parking lot at about 15k miles. Mechanical things break.

My other f150 went 300k miles. (Didnt die, i traded it in)Not saying 80k miles is a lot, your interpreting my statement wrong. Ford sells 900,000 f150/yr. Toyota tundra sells 100,000. Ford is a truck company.
I like tundras, but to suggest Ford is junk is a just wrong.

Too each his own.

Stay away from any GM with Active Fuel Management. I’m having to replace the top side of the engine in my wife’s ‘12 Suburban now. Bad lifter. Very common problem with the 2007+ 5.3 engines.

Back
Top Bottom