• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

In The Market For A New Truck...

Yeah, I usually go for the Z71 package, and this last one went with the Z71 LT Trail Boss, which adds to the Z71 package... factory lift, better tires and upgraded shocks... I find it has decent grunt, even if on paper it is below the competition...

I will say that the 2019 is almost 1/4 ton lighter than my 2018 is, and going from the 6 speed to my 8 speed, or the optional 10 speed transmission, makes a significant difference.

I would have preferred a 6.2L Trail Boss, but didn't feel like waiting till summer time. Honestly, it's a fun truck to drive and as the videos show, pretty solid off road in all but the deepest stuff where the Jeeps really shine...

I wouldn't buy a Jeep even if they were half price.

If i'm going to spend $40,000 +++ on a truck, I would need to have the 6.2. Think I would be too disappointed w/the 5.3 knowing that the 70+/- hp/tq is available (or should be).
I'll keep trying Ford w/the 3.5 EB. On top of the outstanding amount of power, a simple ECM tuner can add amazing more HP/TQ. Just need to wait until they start dealing on the 2020 models, right now they are not offering much off MSRP. For 2019 they were offering close to 15k off of the XLT.

It's just frustrating that:
1. Dealers are SO DAMN SHADY.
2. Dealers order the most ridiculous "bling bling" options VS safety and capability.
3. Ford has this, but GM has that. Toyota has reliability, all on a 14 year old platform - and 13mpg. Ram has nicest interior, however, reliability and resale is questionable.
4. Why doesn't HONDA make a full size truck. LOL

Good grief.

I haven't felt that Hendrick is shady... They have been really good to me, their service dept is great, nothing bad to say...

If they had a 6.2L on the lot I would have gotten that, but I would have had to go with a High Country and that means more money, plus no lift, crappy tires, etc...

The Trail Boss LT ticked all the right boxes... MSRP was $59k, got it down to $44k with employee pricing, GM loyalty points and some other incentives, etc...

This was the problem we had. They are very short on trucks at the moment. When we went looking the dealer said they were short about 400 trucks on their lot
When I worked at a dealership in 2007 they complained they were short XX number of trucks due to XXX. Its always something. I think its just hard to floor plan 500+ 60k trucks.

Never been to Henrick.
See that's a good deal.....$15,000 off MSRP. I like it

Yeah, and I am very happy with the truck. It has all the bells and whistles inside, Bose audio with a sub and larger nav screen, spray in bed liner, nice 20" rims, electrical outlets inside and in the bed, etc...

All I have really done so far is upgrade to more aggressive tires(stock size), cut out the muffler and exhaust flapper, welded in a steel straight through pipe, K&N air filter and Airaid MIT, oil catch can and just added a set of rock rails, to protect the rocker panel from rocks and branches when off road...

Next will be a set of Bora 1.5" wheel spacers all around for a slightly wider track, in order to make sure that the tires hit the side of a rut, before the bodywork does...

Straight pipes on these 5.3's sound awesome.

And me driving by through some mud in 4 lo.

Attachments

• IMG_0593.JPG
    IMG_0593.JPG
    65.9 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0594.JPG
    IMG_0594.JPG
    61.6 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0596.JPG
    IMG_0596.JPG
    73.8 KB · Views: 10
sounds great.
You must be a young man.
I'm 45 and I don't want the noise anymore.
Just want the power when I want it and comfort when on the road for a long time.

I had an ole beater that broke me of hearing a truck run down the road many years ago. I loved it for a while but it got old to me. Noises that run for extended periods of time give me a headache now, thanks to tinnitus.

sounds great.
You must be a young man.
I'm 45 and I don't want the noise anymore.
Just want the power when I want it and comfort when on the road for a long time.

47 years young, here. LOL My wife is 53 and has the 2018 in the video and hers is louder. haha

I left the resonators intact on the 2019, so it has a loud cold start, and is loud when you stomp on it, but when you are just cruising down the road, it doesn't have that drone noise...

Hell im only 35 and I don’t like to listen to loud exhaust on trucks. I don’t care how good you think it sounds around town, it’s going to sound like ass when towing something.

Back
Top Bottom