• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Info on Sccy Pistols

Wow I haven't been on in a few days and this forum blew up. The trigger pull is a big concern on it. My wife prefers single/double as do I. Glocks are ok. Honestly the only reason I'd own one cause the factories right here. I want a 17 but a gen 2 and we all know how hard those are to come across. Why are glocks prices so high used? They're like $500 new and $450 used here. Why?

I carry one everyday. Nothing too difficult about the DAO trigger as long as you train and practice with it and are used to it. I have put at least 300 rnds through it, sometimes mixing a magazine full of different ammo, and never a hiccup. I think the earlier ones may have had some issues but I have a high opinion of mine.

I'll just throw my two cents' in.
I rented three compact 9mm's at John's Creek Gun Range the other day: S&W Shield, Ruger SR9C, and the SCCY.
The SCCY worked reliably, but it was my LEAST favorite.
The grip was not comfortable to hold, for my finger and hand size. THe reach from the backstrap to the trigger was way too long.
The trigger was hard, and uneven through its long length of travel.
Accuracy was the worst of all the handguns I used that day-- I could barely keep the hits on a man-sized target at 25 yds. Had a few nicks up in the shoulder and neck area.

People that own them like them. The only complaints are the heavy trigger as many have stated . The only concern I see is the company has only been around for 4 years .

Bought my wife one,finally after a long discussion that we needs one,...the trigger is a long pull and to rack a round is hard for me,kinda beefy hands.....but....for the aspect of close quarters self defense,which is what I think their designed for,it'll be fine for her as a 1st gun....plus the size makes it easy for concealment,

Back
Top Bottom