• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Installing MOE handguard?

Please don't take my post as saying their is anything wrong with your SOTA upper. I was just saying that is a bunch of money and work to put into a 300 dollar upper so you can put a 30 dollar magpul handguard on it. If you are up to the task, it would certainly be cheaper than buying something else right now. ;)

I have not personally handled the SOTA stuff, but I hear it is good stuff.

Y'all type quicker than me so I'm behind a little! Lol. I've already bought the upper and the magpul set, so what would you say maybe another $50-75 for the parts? As far as I see it, for the money and what I'm using it for its nice, def not a Colt though:)

Yup that looks about right. So what do y'all think the best route for me to go is, either change this one over or sale it and buy an upper with the delta ring set up?

Neither, keep what you have! You will soon learn to love it. Sell the MOE.

You wont be able to afford an upper right now anyway unless you take a second mortgage on your house...lol

Neither, keep what you have! You will soon learn to love it. Sell the MOE.

You wont be able to afford an upper right now anyway unless you take a second mortgage on your house...lol

Yeah I do see the advantage if the free float forearm and if it was going to be for me I'd leave it, but my girlfriend liked the pink but she may have to just settle for the pink grip and stock! Hell I could prob sale the SOTA right now and hold off for a month when people chill out and buy a new Colt upper and have money to spare! Lol.

Y'all type quicker than me so I'm behind a little! Lol. I've already bought the upper and the magpul set, so what would you say maybe another $50-75 for the parts? As far as I see it, for the money and what I'm using it for its nice, def not a Colt though:)

$50 max,thats if you bought the most expensive parts you could find too.

Oh that's not as bad as I thought, that is if my buddy does it for me and I don't have to pay $100 for a gunsmith! Or just learn to do it myself, I want to anyways

You could always paint what you have. Brake caliper paint would work great on the forearm. Thats stuff wont hardly come off without media blasting if your prep the surface correctly. Then all you would have to do would be to put the stock on, thats the SUPER easy part;-)

This what your looking to accomplish??

pink.jpg

You could always paint what you have. Brake caliper paint would work great on the forearm. Thats stuff wont hardly come off without media blasting if your prep the surface correctly. Then all you would have to do would be to put the stock on, thats the SUPER easy part;-)

I didn't think about this till now but he also has a powder coating booth and he does ceracoating too so he might be able to do that and then I could keep it free floating. Good idea! I'll check on all that with him tmrw. Yeah I put the grip and stock on today, like you said, the easy parts! Lol

Back
Top Bottom